Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-10, 01:43 PM   #1
islandbass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Senior Fishing Trip #2 08-02-10

After the success of the first fishing trip last month, the group could not wait for the next one. Fortunately for them, they did not have to wait long.

Destination – Lake Washington

The destination was Lake Washington at Gene Coulon Park. My scouting trip a few days before showed some promise in terms of getting them on to some fish. I managed to catch two smallmouth bass and almost a perch while one person caught three blue gills and yet another caught a squawfish. In addition, all of these fish were caught in about a thirty-minute period and in the same area. In my book, that would be a sign of decent fishing with a good chance of catching.

Gray Start

The day started overcast and relatively cool, which was a change from the sunnier conditions that I encountered a few days before.

Typical Seattle Overcast Day

Our first spot to our disappointment was dead. We targeted the fish from above the weeds float fishing and from the bottom. One member, who chose to start in another spot did not have this problem. She caught a few perch before the rest of the group jumped on her bandwagon.

Now We’re Cooking

The day warmed up enough to dispel the clouds and boost activity level of the fish increased. Perch and blue gill were being caught in spurts to the enjoyment of the group and to my relief. I am proud to say that every member of the group caught and landed fish. We even had a few double ups.

Go Gertie!! The fence was at a height that made it difficult for her to see her float, but that did not stop her from catching fish. Float down; perch up and over the fence!

This is the large perch of the day.

All Good Things

As with all good things, they come to an end and this outing was no exception. This was indeed a good day and a great fishing outing. Over twenty perch and a handful of cute blue gill were landed and everyone went home happy and with a smile. And to me, that makes every tangled line undone, every re-tie, every baited hook, and every fish unhooked worth it.
Old 08-04-10, 02:19 PM   #2
WaffleJaw

Alex,
All I can say is the world needs more people like you...I think what your doing is just incredible....It must be something to share that moment with them..keep it up!
Old 08-04-10, 02:56 PM   #3
brushhog

Probably the most enjoyable report on this thoroughly enjoyable site... Thanks IB
Old 08-04-10, 06:17 PM   #4
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

once agian islandbass.................YOU ROCK MAN!!!!
Old 08-04-10, 08:13 PM   #5
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Thats abosolutely wonderfull! One of the best posts I've ever read. Like Waffle said, the world needs more folks like you. I'm very proud to say your a part of this forums.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-10, 10:10 PM   #6
Cavs1123

Ya IB! Thats awesome that your doing that!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.