Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-10, 01:34 AM   #1
BassFeverJohn
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Monkey + Bass

I got two tonight. One on a lipless crank, and the other on a bandit crank. The first is a wall hanger for Bama, and the second should seem very familiar to him...

I went out and bought a new 4'8" UL ugly stick. I got sick of snapping UL rods. So I figure this will solve that problem. I also got some jig heads for my swimbaits, a 6" fire tiger husky jerk, and a few rooster tails in various colors. Oh yeah, and some flukes. The smaller bass came on the new rod. Not sure how I feel about it. It's the shortest rod I have used. I am thinking I might return it for a 5'6" one, but I dunno yet.
Old 08-19-10, 01:43 AM   #2
Ground Pounder
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I'm just lovin' your fishing spot in your photos BFJ. I have a couple park-like areas like that on my local lake, but they get so much pressure in the summertime that the fish run and hide like it's a nuke-u-lar test site.

Does your spot get much pressure?
Ground Pounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-10, 01:55 AM   #3
BassFeverJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground Pounder View Post
I'm just lovin' your fishing spot in your photos BFJ. I have a couple park-like areas like that on my local lake, but they get so much pressure in the summertime that the fish run and hide like it's a nuke-u-lar test site.

Does your spot get much pressure?

One bridge gets a lot, but is great for bluegill and catfish. The other two bridges don't see much at all. They are the ones I fish most.
Old 08-19-10, 02:05 AM   #4
BassFeverJohn

BTW... It bares mentioning that on this particular lake I can pretty well fish the whole thing from/around the bridges. I occasionally walk to the spots I can't reach, but to be honest the bridges are the best spots, the act like funnels and are the only real structure to speak of.
Old 08-19-10, 08:14 AM   #5
walkeraviator
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

what area of jacksoville is that lake in? i dont remember anything that pretty in that town,,,
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-10, 11:34 AM   #6
BassFeverJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkeraviator View Post
what area of jacksoville is that lake in? i dont remember anything that pretty in that town,,,

It's pretty new. About 6 years old. It's in the westside. But we have beauty all over the city, you must have only been in the crappy parts, and we do have some crap here... lol

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.