Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-10, 08:00 PM   #1
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144
Default Pics from St. Joe, MI

On Fri-Sun Sept. 17-19, my dad and I were in St. Joe, MI for a weekend perch fishing trip. Here's the thread about the fishing, or lack of, if you're interested.

Since we didn't get to fish Saturday, we explored a bit, checking out one of the two piers, going to the fish hatchery, etc. So here's some pics from the weekend. (Don't mind the watermark, it's my name on a photography forum )

One of the Lighthouses

The other one

One of my favorite pictures from the weekend. It's an odd picture of an odd subject, but I like it. At the end of one of the piers, there is this big concrete block that stick up, like it was the base to something a long time ago. And it has a small set of steps in the one side.

BB
Old 10-10-10, 08:25 PM   #2
woody
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Those are all really great shots. My favorite being the one with the sailboat.

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-10, 09:17 PM   #3
bamabassman

again anthony, you have done a fantastic job with thte camera. personally i love the last pic. the one of the concrete block with the steps. then the bird picture. very detailed shot.
Old 10-10-10, 10:00 PM   #4
WatterBoy

Awesome shots, BB! My favorite is the second lighthouse pic. The red in the picture just grabs your eye and pulls you right to the lighthouse. All the pics are excellent, though. Thanks for sharing!
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-10, 06:17 AM   #5
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Can I get #3 in a 1500 piece puzzle? Nice shots BB.
Old 10-11-10, 06:41 AM   #6
keithdog

Love the pics! I'm looking at the pic of the the water crashing into the rocks and have an idea. I'd like to see that same pic taken late in the evening on a very calm day with a small aperature and longer shutter time. The blurred effect you would get of the water gently lapping the rocks would make a cool shot. Also, which photo forum do you belong to? I belong to Photosig.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-10, 06:23 PM   #7
bamabassman

hahaha bubba.......that pic WOULD make an awesum puzzle wouldn't it?
Old 10-11-10, 07:03 PM   #8
BigBassin144

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback.

Bubba and Bama, that would make a cool puzzle!

Keith, I'm on DPS forums. Check your PMs.

BB
Old 10-11-10, 10:19 PM   #9
Vegasspider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Check these out

I know this is not a car site but along the lines of Cool Pictures my other passion Drag Racing takes me to this site often. It's the only other forum I post on but check out these shots. http://forum.competitionplus.com/sho...7975#post97975

Vegasspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-10, 10:24 PM   #10
Vegasspider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Not a pro

I am starting photography classes the second week of November and recently really developed a passion for photography. I have always been interested and really excited about getting started. The method you mention for the blur effect, do you think that’s what he used to get the effect on these pictures? These are captivating pictures. Like my other post drag racing is a passion of mine and a great source of a photography playground.
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
Love the pics! I'm looking at the pic of the the water crashing into the rocks and have an idea. I'd like to see that same pic taken late in the evening on a very calm day with a small aperature and longer shutter time. The blurred effect you would get of the water gently lapping the rocks would make a cool shot. Also, which photo forum do you belong to? I belong to Photosig.
Vegasspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-10, 12:47 AM   #11
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasspider View Post
I am starting photography classes the second week of November and recently really developed a passion for photography. I have always been interested and really excited about getting started. The method you mention for the blur effect, do you think that’s what he used to get the effect on these pictures? These are captivating pictures. Like my other post drag racing is a passion of mine and a great source of a photography playground.
Even though this post is way off topic, that is not the method used to make the blurred background in those pictures.

BB

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.