Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-11, 11:53 AM   #1
pro reel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Are you interested in some competiton fishing?

I love to compete. Unfortunatly, limited funds and family obligations don't allow me to travel to the lakes where most tournaments are held more than once or twice a year. Two years ago I found a site called bountyfishing.com Bounty fishing is an online based tournament organization. They have regional and national tournaments in several species of fish. The format is based completly on the biggest fish caught by length. The entry fees are very low with the average being about 20 bucks. Each tournament runs one full week from Monday to Sunday. You can choose to fish the full week or you choose to fish one or 2 days. The entry fee for the week is about 20 bucks and the one day fee is usually 7 bucks. To participate, you first need to register with bountyfishing.com then you need to get familar with the regulations. You compete by taking pictures of the fish you catch and then submiting those pictures. I Know this might sound fishy, pardon the pun, but it is legit. It also sounds like it would be easy to cheat, it's not. You have to use an actual digital camera of 4 M pixels or better. On the day you will be fishing, you have to go to the site and print or copy the days code. When you catch a fish, you have to take 2 pictures of the fish. The first will be the fsh on it's side with a tape measure below the fish, overlapping in front and back, above the fish you must place your printed copy of the daily code. That way they know you caught that fish during the tournament. the next picture is you holding the fish without wearing sunglasses. They have very sophisticated equipment that measures your eyes and compares the fish scales and markings. This proves that you didn't alter the pictures or make a fake tape measure. The day you will be fishing, you must also take a picture of something that proves you are in the area you are competing in. A street sign or lake sign etc. I take a picture of my house showing my address for the proof picture. If you catch fish, you must also take another proff of area picture that evening. This makes it imposible to drive across the country and fish in the South while competing in the North divison. During the tournament, you can fish in any public access lake that you want to fish at, and use any legal method of catching the fish. Last year bounty started a central division bass tournament. I live in KS which used to be part of the South division, I had to compete against TX and FL. I didn't have much chance. When they started the Central division, that put me with the following states

CENTRAL: District of Columbia, Nebraska, Iowa, Delaware, Kansas, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Colorado, Oregon, Nevada, New Jersey, Illinois, Kentucky, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Indiana, Wyoming, West Virginia.

Although a couple of those states such as Delaware don't allow this type of competiton, so those members can only compete if they drive to another state to fish.
Last year I placed high in several LMB central tourneys, and actually won a couple. My total winnings from Bounty last year was $700 bucks. This season has already started with a few South divison tourneys and they are getting ready for a yellow perch tourney in the North. There is also a national Bluegill tourney later this month. The LMB central tourneys were not schedualed to start until June, but Bounty said they will have some in May if members post that they would be willing to sign up. The bounty admin is Canada based and doesn't really understand that bass fishing gets started in the central area this early. So if you might be interested, especialy if you are in the central area where we need more members, then please sign up and respond to my post on that site about central LMB tourneys in May. If you are in the South or North sign up also and get started. They also allow members to have special 100% pay back group tournaments. These can have bigger entry fees and bigger payouts.
pro reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-11, 09:51 PM   #2
basshunter21
BassFishin.Com Active Member

this sounds really neat, im going to check it out. Im very competitive, almost to much and i was just thinkin recently how sweet itd be to compete in a tournament. Thanks man.
basshunter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-11, 08:51 AM   #3
pro reel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

they already posted a may tournament for LMB. We had a lot of people on that forum that were interested so they posted a date in may for central bass. Join up and sign up.
pro reel is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.