Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-11, 12:14 PM   #1
HawksFan67
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Can I post a video or a link to one?

Still new here but have this question. Can I post a video or a link to one to show where I fish and the conditions to get advice on tackle and presentation?

I would really like to try some shallow river small mouth fishing w/moderate current. That way if your able to see what I'm fishing, I would be able to get some accurate advice.

Just wondering.....

Brian
HawksFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-11, 09:43 PM   #2
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Yeah, videos are fine. Lots of guys here actually prefer pictures or videos over words, because of comprehension problems.
Old 08-15-11, 12:31 PM   #3
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Go for it dude we all like pictures and videos, unless of course they come in the form of a fwd. text message from bamabassman lol.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-11, 02:02 PM   #4
Bassboss

Sounds awesome! I'd love to see it, and see if I can help!
Old 08-18-11, 12:28 AM   #5
HawksFan67
BassFishin.Com Member

Here is a video of where I would like to try some smallmouth fishing. It's on the Dupage River near the Brandon Road lock and dam in Will County, IL. I hope you guys can give me some advice on presentation and tackle for smallmout.

I do have a youtube channel also. My channel is HawksFan67Brian. My son loves to watch the videos so that's why I post them up.

Anyway, here is the link to the river video I need advice on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVdOI8eY1to

Thanks in advance,

Brian
HawksFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-11, 12:49 AM   #6
Bassboss

Definitely a big river. About how deep is it out there? If it's shallow enough, I'd wade out there and hit though island hard. They've got the biggest current break on that stretch of river by the looks of it, and the smallies should really draw to the area. 7' M spinning outfit with a 2000 - 2500 size reel with braid should do ya good. Try casting 3.5" inch tubes to likely areas like wood, weeds, and big rocks, and heads of pools 1/8oz is all you need unless it's deeper then 6 or 7 feet. Once fall rolls around, they'll probably key in less on craws, and focus more on bait fish. A fluke matching the size of forage is real hard to beat. Try hitting the slack areas on the sides of the dam too, that's libal to hold some active fish waiting for food to get washed down. You could try wadding down finding some faster moving shallow riffles and fishing them with the tube. Usually these ares will be shallow enough to wade. A kayak, or john boat would also help tremendously fishing the river effectively.

Tubes, grubs, and jerkbaits, and topwaters and good choices no matter where you're at, and always seem to catch some fish.

Good luck, hope you catch em good.

p.s. Might I recommend this book. Chalked full of great info, should help ya out!

http://www.smallmouthangler.com/site/angler/index.php

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.