Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-12, 08:55 AM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Bigfoot Found in Indiana!!!

Or at least thats what those Bigfoot chasers on the Animal Planet are claiming in this weekends show. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I have a good source on the inside that told me the video really isn't Bigfoot, but rather it's our good friend Woody sneaking down to the waters edge for a few early spring casts.
Old 03-02-12, 09:16 AM   #2
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Be carefull Keith, it could be a siting of a even rarer 'dwarf bigfoot'!
Old 03-02-12, 10:25 AM   #3
MississippiBoy

I watched that show a couple of times, laughing to myself the whole time. Are those people for real, or is it put on for TV?
One preview the other day showed them talking to a local lady. They had a video in the woods of two eyes, maybe 7-8 feet off the ground, reflecting in a flashlight beam. The local said that it was most likely an owl sitting on a tree branch. They were basically ridiculing her for her theory. One of the 'squatch hunters said, "She's making a big assumption that there is actually a branch there."
What? I mean, really....WHAT? So her theory of "owl on a tree branch" is less likely than your theory of "mythical 8 foot hairy creature that's been living among us for hundreds of years but there's no hard evidence of it being real"? C'mon, man.....
Old 03-02-12, 10:48 AM   #4
WaffleJaw

Im completely sure that bigfoot is just a blurry monster - Mitch Hedberg
Old 03-02-12, 10:49 AM   #5
Bassboss

Guarantee it's shopped!
Old 03-02-12, 12:00 PM   #6
joedog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
I watched that show a couple of times, laughing to myself the whole time. Are those people for real, or is it put on for TV?
One preview the other day showed them talking to a local lady. They had a video in the woods of two eyes, maybe 7-8 feet off the ground, reflecting in a flashlight beam. The local said that it was most likely an owl sitting on a tree branch. They were basically ridiculing her for her theory. One of the 'squatch hunters said, "She's making a big assumption that there is actually a branch there."
What? I mean, really....WHAT? So her theory of "owl on a tree branch" is less likely than your theory of "mythical 8 foot hairy creature that's been living among us for hundreds of years but there's no hard evidence of it being real"? C'mon, man.....
I saw 10 min of it once.
Great post Dan! Still smiling, thanks.
Old 03-02-12, 01:24 PM   #7
bassboogieman

C'mon Daniel, if you can't assume Sasquatch is real, how can you assume there is a branch with an owl on it? Each are equal as they are both assumptions and one is as likely as the other - lacking actual proof - and I think even Bryce would back me up on that logic. I think the guys on the show could get some solid proof, if only they'd take a walk in the woods while chewing on some beef jerky, I saw on TV that's excellent Sasquatch bait. But then the show would have to terminate because Sasquatch would have been outed, so to keep the show going they can't actually find him, now could they?

Seriously - With the glut of inane programs on TV it's a wonder the Couch Potato hasn't become extinct.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-12, 02:14 PM   #8
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
C'mon Daniel, if you can't assume Sasquatch is real, how can you assume there is a branch with an owl on it? Each are equal as they are both assumptions and one is as likely as the other - lacking actual proof - and I think even Bryce would back me up on that logic. I think the guys on the show could get some solid proof, if only they'd take a walk in the woods while chewing on some beef jerky, I saw on TV that's excellent Sasquatch bait. But then the show would have to terminate because Sasquatch would have been outed, so to keep the show going they can't actually find him, now could they?

Seriously - With the glut of inane programs on TV it's a wonder the Couch Potato hasn't become extinct.
I see what you are saying. But I would be so bold as to say that probably everyone has seen a tree branch, but nobody has actually given any solid proof of seeing bigfoot. So to me it seems like the assumption of a tree branch being there is a lot more likely than the theory of it being a creature that nobody has been able to prove is even real.

Just stirring the pot.....
Old 03-02-12, 02:47 PM   #9
bassboogieman

Quote:
So to me it seems like the assumption of a tree branch being there is a lot more likely than the theory of it being a creature that nobody has been able to prove is even real.
I am also stirring the pot, an assumption is an assumption is an assumption. When you start applying "personal experiences" to any UNPROVEN assumption the conclusion is tainted based on the assumption your personal experience applys to the assumption, which may not be the case. Proof is proof and anythlng less levels the field - strictly speaking. Not many humans are capable of NOT associating what they know to be possible to a situation or condition in order to explain it. But again, with an assumption anything is possible, pending proof.

I would like WTL to read my postiton and deam whether it would hold up in court?

Certainly I've seen a tree branch, but I haven't had the good fortune to see one - in person - with an owl sitting on it. I've seen it on TV, but we all know what can be done with trick photography. I've not see a Sasquatch either, a chupacabra, nor aliens. But I really believe aliens exist - not the illegal ones from Mexico - but I mean the interglactic ones, as I truely believe they provided medical science with the idea for a colonoscopy. You really don't believe doctors figured out that one by chance?

Actually my position is argument for the sake of argument. I actually do NOT think Sasquatch exists. nor any other fabrication that is "reality TV"

Now I guess I'll have to create a post appoligizing for being argumentative and an a$$hat.
Old 03-02-12, 04:20 PM   #10
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post

Actually my position is argument for the sake of argument. I actually do NOT think Sasquatch exists. nor any other fabrication that is "reality TV"

Now I guess I'll have to create a post appoligizing for being argumentative and an a$$hat.
I could tell by your post that you were just stirring the pot. That is why I chose to play along LOL.
Old 03-02-12, 04:46 PM   #11
bassboogieman

Fun, isn't it?
Old 03-02-12, 05:03 PM   #12
joedog

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
I could tell by your post that you were just stirring the pot. That is why I chose to play along LOL.
Come on folks, your not going to let him off that easy are you?
Where's that fighting spirit I've grown to enjoy so much?
Old 03-02-12, 05:18 PM   #13
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedog View Post
Come on folks, your not going to let him off that easy are you?
Where's that fighting spirit I've grown to enjoy so much?
Normally I would endulge in an online fistfight. However, I find it hard to argue with someone who shares the same opinion I do. Except for the alien thing, there is no way aliens tought doctors to play with a mans butt LOL.
Old 03-02-12, 05:36 PM   #14
bassinbob

Once again, sometimes I wonder and other times I just don't know.
Old 03-02-12, 06:43 PM   #15
bamabassman

bigfoot IS real... i have seen him. and he is NOT happy with ya'll.
Old 03-02-12, 07:40 PM   #16
keithdog

I'm pretty darn sure Shaq is a bigfoot. I mean dangit man, look at those feet! As for an owl sitting on a branch, huh, yeah right. I bet it was Shaq knawing on some jerky.
Old 03-03-12, 10:33 PM   #17
kennethdaysale

"http://cdn.hark.com/swfs/player_32x3...cxtppxldb&as=1"
Old 03-03-12, 11:10 PM   #18
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

The only sasquatch I believe in is the ones by the register at Walmart. Whew, them things throw me in Roland mode with a big "Son"!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.