Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-12, 09:29 PM   #1
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Sometimes you get what you pray.......

for

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tebow.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	7747

LMAO
Old 03-19-12, 09:41 PM   #2
MIbasser

LMAO!!! That's great!
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-12, 09:42 PM   #3
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

LOL. You know I am not a Broncos fan in the least, for that matter I am not really a Tebow fan either. I don't have anything against the guy but I'm just not a real fan of his either for whatever reason. But I am sick and tired of listening to John Elway piss and moan about Tebow. He keeps saying things like "he is a long ways from being a good quarterback". Then he turns around and makes him his starter and ships Orton off. Obviously Elway saw something in the guy or he wouldn't have done that. So why can't he just talk in a positive way about Tebow and show him a little respect? I never could stand Elway as a player and I am starting to think less of him as a person now. I would agree that Tebow has to mature quite a bit but I do think he could make the Broncos a good quarterback for many years to come, and they are going to throw that away for maybe a few of the worst years of Peyton Mannings career? I like Peyton Manning a lot but that just doesn't seem smart to me.

Sorry Ron, I didn't intend to hijack your thread.
Old 03-19-12, 11:16 PM   #4
joedog

That's great bcklash!
Old 03-19-12, 11:18 PM   #5
keithdog

Thats pretty funny. One possitive for the whole situation is that Tebow couldn't have a better tutor.
Old 03-19-12, 11:46 PM   #6
BassinBandit
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
LOL. You know I am not a Broncos fan in the least, for that matter I am not really a Tebow fan either. I don't have anything against the guy but I'm just not a real fan of his either for whatever reason. But I am sick and tired of listening to John Elway piss and moan about Tebow. He keeps saying things like "he is a long ways from being a good quarterback". Then he turns around and makes him his starter and ships Orton off. Obviously Elway saw something in the guy or he wouldn't have done that. So why can't he just talk in a positive way about Tebow and show him a little respect? I never could stand Elway as a player and I am starting to think less of him as a person now. I would agree that Tebow has to mature quite a bit but I do think he could make the Broncos a good quarterback for many years to come, and they are going to throw that away for maybe a few of the worst years of Peyton Mannings career? I like Peyton Manning a lot but that just doesn't seem smart to me.

Sorry Ron, I didn't intend to hijack your thread.

I am huge Broncos fan and John Elway is my favorite player of all time. Elway was going to give Tebow his chance until something better came along. Everybody knows that Tebow mechanics were never going to get better and he isn't half the QB that Manning is even if Manning is only 80%. John Elway is gonna do what is best for the team. Tebow should have never been drafted in the first round (not even the first five rounds for that matter) Josh McDaniels was (and is) a moron. It was a waste of a draft pick. If he would have drafted Dan Williams (which is who I thought they were gonna draft when they traded up) or Jared Odrick. John Elway is doing his job, whether it makes you like him or not....He just made the Broncos a better team. Tim Tebow was made the starter for two reason. First Orton sucked plain and simple (another dumba$$ move by McDaniels) 2nd was to keep fans in the stands because this is a business. Elway knows what it takes to be a great QB for a long time in the NFL and Tebow has got that in ways of intangibles but the Mechanics will probably never be there. They will trade Tebow and draft someone this year or next to sit behind Manning for the next couple of years. You may not like Elway for this but this is the best move for the Broncos its doesn't matter if its best for Tebow.
Old 03-19-12, 11:47 PM   #7
BassinBandit

P.S. That picture is awesome!!!!
Old 03-20-12, 01:48 AM   #8
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassinBandit View Post
I am huge Broncos fan and John Elway is my favorite player of all time. Elway was going to give Tebow his chance until something better came along. Everybody knows that Tebow mechanics were never going to get better and he isn't half the QB that Manning is even if Manning is only 80%. John Elway is gonna do what is best for the team. Tebow should have never been drafted in the first round (not even the first five rounds for that matter) Josh McDaniels was (and is) a moron. It was a waste of a draft pick. If he would have drafted Dan Williams (which is who I thought they were gonna draft when they traded up) or Jared Odrick. John Elway is doing his job, whether it makes you like him or not....He just made the Broncos a better team. Tim Tebow was made the starter for two reason. First Orton sucked plain and simple (another dumba$$ move by McDaniels) 2nd was to keep fans in the stands because this is a business. Elway knows what it takes to be a great QB for a long time in the NFL and Tebow has got that in ways of intangibles but the Mechanics will probably never be there. They will trade Tebow and draft someone this year or next to sit behind Manning for the next couple of years. You may not like Elway for this but this is the best move for the Broncos its doesn't matter if its best for Tebow.
Adam I see what you are saying and I agree with you on several points. I agree that Tebow isn't a great quarterback, and that his mechanics are no where near where they should be. I also agree that Orton is horrible, why else would the Chiefs have a chance at him. I also understand what you are saying about playing a person because he puts fans in the stands even though your money might be able to put a better team on the field if you spent it elsewhere. Remember I am a huge St. Louis Cardinals fan and watched the Cardinals miss out on several chances to better their team just so they could throw money at Pujols, who outside of being a great hitter was still not what was best for their ball club, but he filled Busch Stadium (not that they wouldn't sell out every game anyways). My biggest gripe is that I don't think that is the sort of thing you say in a public manner. I wouldn't have a problem or even disagree with Elway if he would have said that in a closed door enviroment, but to roast your players like that isn't a productive move. Tebow is nowhere near the caliber of quarterback that Elway was. But with all the fan support that Tebow gets, it actually makes Elway come across like he is almost threatened by Tebow getting so much love in Denver.

My opinion on the subject of Elway vs. Tebow is neither here nor there. The picture is funny as hell.
Old 03-20-12, 08:18 AM   #9
BassinBandit

Quote:
Adam I see what you are saying and I agree with you on several points. I agree that Tebow isn't a great quarterback, and that his mechanics are no where near where they should be. I also agree that Orton is horrible, why else would the Chiefs have a chance at him. I also understand what you are saying about playing a person because he puts fans in the stands even though your money might be able to put a better team on the field if you spent it elsewhere. Remember I am a huge St. Louis Cardinals fan and watched the Cardinals miss out on several chances to better their team just so they could throw money at Pujols, who outside of being a great hitter was still not what was best for their ball club, but he filled Busch Stadium (not that they wouldn't sell out every game anyways). My biggest gripe is that I don't think that is the sort of thing you say in a public manner. I wouldn't have a problem or even disagree with Elway if he would have said that in a closed door enviroment, but to roast your players like that isn't a productive move. Tebow is nowhere near the caliber of quarterback that Elway was. But with all the fan support that Tebow gets, it actually makes Elway come across like he is almost threatened by Tebow getting so much love in Denver.

My opinion on the subject of Elway vs. Tebow is neither here nor there. The picture is funny as hell.

I think Elway knew at the time he didn't have much of choice but to give him a chance. I don't think he expected to have a chance to land Manning when he said that. I honestly think if he can improve his mechanics I would love to have him back up Manning and learn the game. I dont see that happening but thats what I would like to see.
Old 03-20-12, 11:05 AM   #10
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassinBandit View Post
I think Elway knew at the time he didn't have much of choice but to give him a chance. I don't think he expected to have a chance to land Manning when he said that. I honestly think if he can improve his mechanics I would love to have him back up Manning and learn the game. I dont see that happening but thats what I would like to see.
I think that backing up Manning would be the best thing that could happen for Tebow. But like you, I don't see that happening. There are too many teams out there right now that are looking for a starting quarterback, and I look for Tebow to go somewhere that he can play now.......maybe Miami?
Old 03-20-12, 12:27 PM   #11
nofearengineer

I just see a kid that gave his all for his team, and got the shaft for his troubles. I've always been something of an Elway fan, but I think this has been poorly handled. I hope Tebow finds some place where more than the fans want him there.
Old 03-20-12, 01:13 PM   #12
IUbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
I just see a kid that gave his all for his team, and got the shaft for his troubles. I've always been something of an Elway fan, but I think this has been poorly handled. I hope Tebow finds some place where more than the fans want him there.
Agreed, I havent noticed a young kid (new to the league) put forth so much effort and determination in what he does. He knows what has been given to him is blessing, and he isnt wasting his talent. He might not be the best QB in the league, but as a coach, his determination, effort, and leadership would over ride the quality of his playin abilities. Best of luck to him wherever he may fall.
IUbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-12, 05:59 PM   #13
BassinBandit

Tebow did put a lot of heart and soul last year....I give him credit for that but the defense was also playing out of its mind for many games. Elway knew that. We all saw what happened when the offense wasn't moving the ball and the defense was left out there for almost entire quarters. The Pats ripped them a new one. Elway, Fox, Bowlen and any fan saw that it was because the offense was predictable but had to be because Tebow couldn't handle a complicated offense (for now, he can definitely improve) I wish him the best of luck if he leaves but I think Elway and the Broncos made the best move for the Broncos.
Old 03-20-12, 06:11 PM   #14
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
I can agree with that, but the way I look at it is that Tebow is a playmaker, but he's NOT a QB. Not a quality QB at least. MAYBE he can become one, but personally, I don't see that happening.

My understanding is (and I could be wrong on this), that Elway didn't want Tebow. He's definitely been looking to replace him all along.

Personally, I think that IF Tebow remains with the Broncos, watching Peyton for a year or two could be the difference between becoming an NFL QB, or delivering pizzas with Ryan Leaf.

And LOVE the picture!!!!!!!
Old 03-20-12, 06:22 PM   #15
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MallenManson View Post
I can agree with that, but the way I look at it is that Tebow is a playmaker, but he's NOT a QB. Not a quality QB at least. MAYBE he can become one, but personally, I don't see that happening.

My understanding is (and I could be wrong on this), that Elway didn't want Tebow. He's definitely been looking to replace him all along.

Personally, I think that IF Tebow remains with the Broncos, watching Peyton for a year or two could be the difference between becoming an NFL QB, or delivering pizzas with Ryan Leaf.

And LOVE the picture!!!!!!!
Mike you have no idea how hard I laughed when I read that.
Old 03-20-12, 06:32 PM   #16
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Mike you have no idea how hard I laughed when I read that.
LOL I can't take the credit for that one.
I heard it a long while back.
How does Ryan Leaf answer the phone at work?
Hello, Domino's.....
Old 03-20-12, 09:09 PM   #17
nofearengineer

Boy did Ryan Leaf throw it all away. I almost felt bad for him. He obviously had some major mental problems.
Old 03-31-12, 01:12 PM   #18
nofearengineer

Speak of the devil...

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/0...est=latestnews
Old 03-31-12, 10:51 PM   #19
joedog

And the other devil....I mean saint.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...ame-in-wildcat

Sounds like he's not starting period. Not anywhere he goes. Probably best if he would of stayed at least a year and learned from Manning.
Rogers sat the bench behind Favre and look at him now. Packers are famous for making thier quarterbacks earn thier right to play as opposed to media and fans making the decision.
Just MY thoughts on the matter.
Doesn't the good Lord also strongly believe in humility also?

Came back because I figured you should all witness my taking my foot out of my mouth!
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...qb-unconcerned

Maybe he is the reincarnate of .....just joshing!
I do believe...I maybe should be a bigger fan, but I'm not....yet anyways.

Last edited by joedog; 03-31-12 at 11:10 PM.
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.