Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-12, 08:05 PM   #1
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser
Default Not bad for a Monday (Long Winded)

Well, let me tell you how it started off for me around 5 Mon morning. I got up, thru my stuff in the truck and headed to my buddy's house. We loaded up and headed to a new little lake for our first trip on it. We get to the spot and I glanced in the back seat and no tackle box, and it hit me like hot water. I knew I had sat my tackle box on the tail gate and I knew if it still wasn't sitting there it had bumped off. Well it wasn't there. Those that know me personally around here know that I seldom swear, but f-bombs were 4 for a dollar in the heat of my moment. I was sick. I asked my buddy to go ahead and fish and I would back track to the house, about 20 miles. He said it is OK and was worried because he said the brakes are sketchy so we dropped everything on the bank and ran back to town with no tackle box in site. I was bummed to say the least. I had about 10 LCs, Spro Frogs and other odds and ends. And a bait Zooker gave me that I have mentioned many times as a fish slaying machine. But all I could say was oh well, lesson learned.

But we got back to the lake and I fished a LC KJ topwater and christened it with about #2. I didn't have any weights or anything. I could have borrowed anything from him, but I just didn't feel like it. So I tried a Zoom Liz without a weight for a little while and got a couple of bumps but no takers. I switched over to some Culprit Stingers (A Senko bait) I bought out of a bargain bin at Gan Mnt. I through it a few times and came across a submerged top and wham! A #7 on the scale and biggest fish in a while for me:

And then a 5.5 at the boat:

That was about it on the morning though. I had to leave for work that night so I asked my buddy if he would make an announcement on the Swap Shop. It is a local morning radio show where people call in and sell stuff. I asked him to offer a reward for it and I would pay up. A guy called him that night and said a guy offered him the box at a gas station and he said he gave the guy a Benny for it. But I had told my buddy I would pay up to $100 for it back anyways. But I talked to my dad yesterday and he told me the tackle box is back home and has distinguishing marks from the road rash. After talking to my buddy, I think everything is still in there. So a sad morning turned out pretty good all around.
Old 05-09-12, 11:13 PM   #2
Jrob78

I was sick for you when I heard you lost your box. I'm glad you got it back. Like you said, it would have cost more than a hundo to replace what was in it. Looks like the fishing was pretty good too.
Old 05-10-12, 07:10 AM   #3
joedog

Bubba glad things kinda worked out but I highly doubt someone giving a complete stranger at a gas station a hundred for a tackle box they 'found' and I doubt someone who doesn't know fishing would have any idea of the inside lures value. If things did happen as said then that really is the true cause of thief in the first place. But you got it back plus you may have found a new favorite lure that was gotten out of the whole situation and a good memorie to boot.
Didn't look like the new boat in the pics though?
I bet leaving for work was a challenge and left a stomach ache, would me. It's hard to leave when you know you got unfinished business at home.
Glad it worked out.
Old 05-10-12, 05:19 PM   #4
Bubba_Bruiser

Joe, don't think for a second the same thought hasn't ran through my mind, but what is, is. I will not be the judge of that.
Old 05-10-12, 06:09 PM   #5
bluebasser86
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Glad you got your box back and caught some nice fish on top of it. I left mine in the back of my truck on the tailgate at work one time and didn't realize it until my buddy and I were 20 minutes away (keep in mind I'm a prison guard and the parking lot I was parked in is the same one released inmates and their families come and go through) so I was very concerned it wasn't going to be there. Thankfully it was still there after we turned around and came back but man I was sick to my stomach on the way there, most every bait I owned was in there box and I'd hate to even guess how much money could have walked away.
bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-12, 05:11 PM   #6
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

f-bombs were 4 for a dollar

Don't think I won't borrow that phrase from you now and again. Love it!

Sorry about the tackle. thrilled about those pigs, and happy you got your junk back, even if it cost a hundy.

Nice fish Bubba!
Old 05-14-12, 07:18 PM   #7
keithdog

The good thing is there was a happy ending, and you did catch some beautiful bass. Forking oout that money to reclaim what was already your own tackle makes me feel sick for ya. But at least you have it all back.
Old 05-16-12, 06:50 PM   #8
Bubba_Bruiser

Tell your mom I'm sorry, I thought I saw you dribble down the crack.
Old 05-16-12, 10:17 PM   #9
carolina-rig-01

Glad everything ended up well, with you getting your box back. Looks like you had a great morning but I am sure you weren't able to fully enjoy it knowing you had lost your tackle box.
Old 05-17-12, 06:04 PM   #10
bassinbob

Dribble down the crack. (priceless)
Nice bass sorry about the box.
Old 05-17-12, 07:25 PM   #11
Bassboss

Good fish buddy! Thanks for sharing!

Glad you got your box back though, left mine at a local pond in Florida overnight once. Was was relived to find it there the next day to say the least.

Last edited by Bassboss; 05-17-12 at 07:33 PM.
Bassboss is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.