Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-12, 09:50 PM   #1
bluebasser86
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Got a few good ones!

Well I had a big breakdown of our day but my computer froze and I lost it all on the last sentence! So my buddy Jon and I had a plan to hit Nebo for a couple hours (it's only 30 acres) and then run to Perry for the rest of the day. I was throwing one of my homemade chatterbaits when a torpedo wake came of the bank and I got my first good one of the day 19.5" and a little over 4.

About 10 minutes later off the side of one of the islands the same thing happend and my bait STOPPED! An intense, drag ripping fight by the boat and Jon got a hold of her. 22" and 6.10 on a homemade black and blue chatterbait.

Jon tried one of my chatterbaits and got very similar bite, big wake and smashed bait. Fish came halfway to the boat, stopped, peeled drag the other way, wrapped around a limb and came off. Lost big fish number one of the day for Jon. Another lap around the lake with a few more dinks and a jumped off 3 or 4 pounder and we headed to Perry. Started on the pier right by the state park ramp where I caught the biggest smallmouth I've caught from Perry at 15.5".

Jon caught a chunker off the same pier and then an hour of nothing. Fishing a row of docks when Jon caught a chunk on a KVD 1.5.

A couple casts later he stuck another big fish. It was pretty much a standstill for a second before it started to head up. I looked back at Jon just in time to see the bend leave the rod. Big fish number 2 of the day was gone for Jon. A couple more chunky fish off the docks and then nothing for the next couple hours. We were pretty much set on going home but decided to hit the pier by the ramp again since it had been good to us earlier. Jon's first cast with the 1.5 got slammed and what looked like a 3 or 4 pounder rolled on the top. A slow hard fight and a fish that was easily 5, probably closer to 6 launched at the boat, sending Jon's crankbait flying the other way, big fish number 3 of the day was gone for Jon. I caught another chunk when Jon's crank got stopped again. I got the net this time because I wanted this fish in the boat about as bad as Jon did I think. Right as the fish came up at the boat I scooped for it, at the same time another fish the same size darted for the bait in the other fishes mouth. For a second I had 2 fish in the net before the second one got out. Jon finally got a good fish in the boat with a solid 3lb 7oz fish.
We probably didn't catch 20 fish all day but we made the ones we caught count!
bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-12, 11:43 PM   #2
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Awesome fish pics and great details, blue. Congrats on some great fish!
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-12, 07:00 PM   #3
coachpurdy
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Great pics and pigs!
coachpurdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-12, 08:44 PM   #4
Vegasspider

Man nice round up. I split my time between Las Vegas and Tampa. I am ready to get back to Tampa but not until July, I miss having the random "30 acre" spots to run to. The fishing in Vegas at Lake Mead is really good but it is a full day for me. Wish I had something 30 mins away here to run to in the mornings or evenings sometimes.
Vegasspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-12, 10:46 PM   #5
bluebasser86

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfisherkid View Post
Lol fail! Hellen Keller can catch more and better fish than that!
Good job, do your parents know you're using the computer past your bedtime
bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.