Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-12, 06:26 PM   #1
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Fishing with my family

7/28 - 8/4 fishing report

After my 4+ days of solo fishing, I made one outing with one of my early arriving nephews, and that is chronicled here.

He and I went out again the next evening, and my wife (Kaye) went along also. I caught the first fish, Kaye caught the last one, and my nephew caught 3 nice ones in between. Once again, he caught all his on a swim jig. The one not pictured was a 2lb 10oz Smallie. The two LM shown here are 3lb 3oz, 16.5” and 3lb 0oz, 16.25” LM:

Earlier that day, my dad caught a 3lb SM from our dock, but the picture of it is on my sister's camera. He followed that up with a nice 2lb 11oz, 15.75” Largemouth:

After being "weathered out" of taking the boat out on Friday, I set up a bunch of outings on Saturday where I took two people out to fish for an hour while I trolled us around and just helped them out with whatever they needed (i.e., no fishing for me).

The first outing yielded one fish each for my nephew and my niece, with hers coming on the last cast of the outing!

2lb 6oz, 14.75” LM:

2lb 12oz, 15.25” LM:

One of the fishermen in the next outing was my 11 year old nephew who had never caught a bass, never fished from a boat, and never used a spinning reel before. After a couple of quick casting lessons on the dock, we headed out. He proceeded to catch FOUR bass within 45 minutes, including TWO that were over 3 pounds!

3lb 1oz, 16.00” LM & 3lb 0oz, 17.00” SM:

My other nephew on that trip caught this little 1lb 4oz LM right before our time was up:

The 3rd trip got rained out after about 30 minutes with no fish caught.

After waiting the rest of the afternoon and into the evening for the weather to clear, we finally got to make one last outing for the day. This time I had FOUR people fishing while I controlled the boat and waited on them. They caught 8 fish in 90 minutes and everyone caught at least one, led by my wife who caught four.

She is pictured here with a 3lb 2oz, 16.25” LM and a 2lb 8oz, 15.50” LM. My nephew is holding the 3lb 4oz, 17.0” LM he caught, which was the biggest LM caught by anyone the entire week:

---------

Fish Count Totals for 7/28 - 8/4:
- 92 total fish

- 62 Largemouth Bass (6 over 3 pounds, 10 more over 2 1/2 pounds)
- 16 Smallmouth Bass (8 over 3 pounds, 6 more over 2 pounds)
- 9 Rock Bass
- 5 Northern Pike
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-12, 08:08 PM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Awsome! I gotta tell ya man, your exactly what this sport needs today. Someone willing to take the time to show other the joy of fishing. A lot of happy memories are cemented into the minds of those you gladly spent time with on the water. I'm proud to have you here as a member of the club!
Old 08-12-12, 08:04 PM   #3
WatterBoy

Thanks, Keith. I enjoy trying to teach them what little I have learned about bass fishing so far, and it's fun to see how excited they get when they catch a fish. For all of our nieces/nephews on my side of the family, the only chance they get to fish is when they come to our cabin.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-12, 08:28 PM   #4
bcklash

Awesome Dean
Old 08-12-12, 08:57 PM   #5
Jrob78

That's awesome Dean, those are some great looking, healthy bass.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.