Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-05, 06:36 PM   #1
Spandextros
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Fern Ridge Resovour (Oregon)

It is currently drained exept for a small amount which you can relly only get to by boat and a LONG walk but the fishing is worth the walk if you have a solid day and a sturdy raft. The water is muddier than normal but the fich are all congregated in the far end. Awesome fishing with topwater plugs and various crankbaits. I hooked into a 5 pounder a few weeks back the last time I went. The main problem is the massive schools of carp. There are easily some twenty plus pounders and when you foul hook one of them on finess gear you can almost certanly kiss your lure good-bye. The average haul in two hours of fishing is a bunch of little ones a carp or two and a couple 3 plus pound largemouth. If you head out bring lots of water and either brightly colored lures or lures that make lots of noise because the fish are very close together and you will have lots of carp to scare out of the way of your lure.

Good Luck!

The last time I was there was a few weeks ago so if anyone knows the current situation feel free to correct me.
Spandextros is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.