Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-05, 09:02 AM   #1
RatLTrap
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to RatLTrap
Default Who the hell

I was just watching Bass Master University and there was some 16 year old kid on there saying he wanted to be a pro bass fisherman and they were giving him a quiz and he was the freaking gayest stupidest looking kid i have ever seen in my life... he looked like a friggin girl! sounded like one! and acted like one! he was the gayest person ever man lol if he becomes a pro bass fisherman IM QUITING FISHING
Old 07-23-05, 09:31 AM   #2
flachristopherkeene9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Wow your really prejudice about everything and everybody! Calling Tmcustoms fat, calling our president a terrorist, and now this!
Old 07-23-05, 11:44 AM   #3
IL.bassin36

Send a message via Yahoo to IL.bassin36

Besides Trap Mike Ike isn't really the poster child for manhood. He's a pretty good fisherman though.
Old 07-23-05, 11:47 AM   #4
HulaPopr

Yeah, no matter how bad this kid is I don't think he could be worse than Mike Ike.
Old 07-23-05, 01:54 PM   #5
dodgeguy

i like mike!!!!i think he's good for the sport!!!
Old 07-23-05, 02:53 PM   #6
bassfisher02

Send a message via AIM to bassfisher02

looks have nothing to do with fishing.........just look at zooker seriously.......thats a pretty shallow thing to say....obviously he is doing something right.....he is where he is. and if he does become a pro, it means he can fish.....obviously better then you or me.........
Old 07-23-05, 03:19 PM   #7
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassfisher02
if he does become a pro, it means he can fish.....obviously better then you or me.........
bULL cRAP. bEING A PRO DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN BEAT ANYONE. aLL IT MEANS IS YOU MAKE YOUR MONEY FISHING. jUST BECAUSE YOUR A PRO DOESN'T MEAN YOU ARE A GREAT FISHERMAN.

THAT KID DIDN'T LOOK LIKE A FISHERMAN. HE WAS A WHITE AND DIDN'T EVEN LOOK WEATHERED.

Old 07-23-05, 05:45 PM   #8
RatLTrap

No im being serious this kid is retarded acting! to be a pro fisherman is more than being able to fish! you have to have character... you have to be able to speak good.. this kid cant do either! he sounded like a fruit cake and didnt want to talk... he would suck as a fisherman! and the only reason he was on the show is because they picked someone to quiz like the guy always does the quiz this time they had a kid do it and just so happen he said he wanted to be a pro fisherman and he didnt even say it! the guy had tos ay it for hiM! cause he wouldnt talk! he had long hair and looked like he painted his toe nails man!

and BF02 why everytime you always say "They are a pro they can fish better than you or me" HOW THE HELL WOULD WE KNOW? HAVE YOU EVER FISHED AGAINST ONE OF THEM? WHO THE HELL KNOWS MAYBE THEY ARE NO BETTER THAN US? SERIOUSLY HOW DO YOU KNOW UNLESS YOU HAVE FISHED AGAINST EVERY PRO YOU WOULD NEVER KNOW THEY COULD ALL SUCK AND WE NOT EVEN KNOW IT CAUSE THEY ARE GOING UP AGAINST EACH OTHER AND THEY ALL SUCK! HAHAHA I really dont believe in saying a pro is better than anyone else because quite frankly who knows if they really are
Old 07-23-05, 07:45 PM   #9
Fishie

I have fished with a pro down at kentucky lake named Brad Weakly and he is not that good in my opinion. We hired him as a guide and he stunk the place up. I got more on my own and whenever we got a nice fish he said it was time to move or lets try somewhere else. he was probably trying to save some fish for tomarrow. Just because there pros doesn't mean they know anything more. Personally I thought the kid looked like a stonner.
Old 07-23-05, 07:50 PM   #10
RatLTrap

lol ya everyones like if your so good why arent you a pro? lol maybe cause some people dont want to be a pro I enjoy finishing and think im pretty good at catching fish but i am not on the pro tour because i dont want to be... but that doesnt mean that im not as good as a pro
Old 07-23-05, 10:17 PM   #11
bassfisher02

well if we can fish better then pros....how come none of us are there? if we can fish better then him.....then why arnt we in his shoes........sittin on espn talkin about bassin and takin quizzes? im just sayin.....instead of sayin this kid is retarded and gay, how bout givin him some credit? he could be some huge retard.....but he got where he was somehow......
Old 07-23-05, 11:32 PM   #12
bigbassin
BassFishin.Com Member

realy i mean you dont get on a fishing show for nothin.and i agree with bassfisher02 i mean who gives a rats *** what you look like or talk like, if you can fish you can fish and your apearance aint got nothin to do with it.
Old 07-23-05, 11:44 PM   #13
HulaPopr

I think what you look like and what you talk like has everything to do with being a pro nowadays. I mean, sure you've got to be able to fish, and most pros could probably whoop our butts, but skill alone will not get you far in pro angling any more. To go pro first of all you need a sponsor. Sponsors are going to look for someone who can present themselves well and speak clearly and be able to promote their product. Their going to pick a good speaker and a smart angler who has won only ten tournaments as opposed to the unrefined stupid as cr** one who has won twelve tournaments. Does anyone see what I'm saying?
Old 07-23-05, 11:50 PM   #14
bigbassin
BassFishin.Com Member

yea i see what your saying
Old 07-24-05, 12:01 AM   #15
RatLTrap

Just like pro wrestling... it takes a lot more than just size and wrestling ability to get a name and become a pro.. you have to have character and style people have to like you.. if this kid becomes a pro and cant talk shakin in his little fishin boots and acts like a moron noones going to like him... he will not be sponsored by anyone because noones going to buy anything from his sponsers if they did... and BF02 I just explained why none of us are there WE DONT WANT TO BE OR HAVENT TRIED TO BE YET
Old 07-24-05, 12:09 AM   #16
bigbassin
BassFishin.Com Member

at what age do you think sponsers would start looking at you at.
Old 07-24-05, 12:24 AM   #17
Fishie

you go to them they will not come to you. You have to get your name out or they will not find you.
Old 07-24-05, 12:27 AM   #18
bigbassin
BassFishin.Com Member

what do you mean by get your name out there.how are you supposed to do that.
Old 07-24-05, 07:58 AM   #19
Fishie

You have got to send them info about you like a resume. They will not necessarly find you. In order to get a sponsor you have to have a pretty decent history of tournaments or you have to offer them something that they want like say you are at the head of a club. Then they might sponsor you if you will try to get people wherever you go interested in your product. Remember you have to sell there products. They are not paying you to fish they are paying you to sell there products. IF you don't do a good job you lose your sponsorship.
Old 07-24-05, 04:03 PM   #20
bassnman30

Ratltrap,
Fished an event at one of our home lakes in the "dog days" with all the jet skies and ski boats. Marty Stone also fished this same lake on the same day. He caught over 16 lbs. We didn't have nearly that much and he isn't from around here. Thats why your pros are pros and we are "amateurs".
200+ days on the water per year and on different lakes might be a clue.
Old 07-24-05, 10:03 PM   #21
bassfisher02

well hula, your not gunna become a pro and get sponsors with no skill........seriously........look at pros......there arnt to many that look like mr pretty pretty boy.......how are you gunna get sponsored if yoou cant fish.....you have to have more skill then looks........plus, look at the majority that fish......we are if you will....rednecks....not all of us....but alot are. now im not sayin that rednecks are fat ugly illiterate people.......but alot arnt some mister perfect perfect.....which apperently '''are the people we want to be represented by''......im just sayin......i want somebody who has skill.........i could seriously care less about what he looks like, or how he talks.....as long as he can fish 8)
Old 07-24-05, 11:32 PM   #22
HulaPopr

Bf02, of course you have to have skill, and I'm sure just about every pro could whoop our butts out on the water. I'm just saying that skill alone is not enough to make it. Tournaments in many sports including bass fishing, nascar, and cycling, are all based on marketing. People don't have adds on their boats or cars or jerseys becuase they think it looks nice, they have them because they are getting paid to have them. There are 2 things that a sponsor is looking for
1. Someone who can win, because they can become well known, get the brand name out there, and sell their product.
2 Someone who knows how to speak well in order to get their product out there, so they can explain why it is the best, and why you should buy it. If someone says that you should buy a product because "I like it, and it works good... for me at least" you are probably not going to buy it.

The name of the game is marketing.
Old 07-25-05, 09:11 AM   #23
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

You're overlooking the biggest factor,

You start trying to hit the pro status and if your in it already, You're going to be GONE on the road probably 10 months a year, never see any family, or your kids growing up , send what ever money you have back home to keep the household going, live in hotels ..the whole 9 yards..its not the glamour life many imagine while they are at work dreaming of being on the lake.
Many times they are in excessive heat, or rain, exposed to sunburn etc, weathered skin, boat repairs,having to fish when your sick ,, its not the life many think it is..
Most sponsers will give you 2 years to prove yourself and I am guessing about 30 grand a year allowance..
Old 07-25-05, 08:41 PM   #24
bassinbob

Well glad I'm single. Think I'll be a pro. Get me a nice boat. Ten months on the go. Naw...just kidding.

Bob
Old 07-26-05, 07:37 AM   #25
RatLTrap

30 grand a year HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA they make tons more than that JB they dont just get paid for winning tournies

anyways BF02 would you date a girl with no looks or personality? lol exactly thats why you wouldnt buy a pro's sponsored products if he didnt have no look or personality..

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.