Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-05, 05:50 PM   #1
Denny_ohio
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Back from Tenn.

I just got back today from Tenn. I was awesome down there.nice but still a little
warm.I went out mainly in the mornings and a few times at night(before dark) I
threw a lot of differnt baits..but the only one I could get some hits on was the buzzbait. blk w/blkandsilver glitter Zoom trialer.For awhile I was throwing a buzzbait with a clacker on it...no bites? so for the hell of it I took off the one with the clacker and put a blk one without a clacker and then I started getting hits. I got 7 bass in all if you count the one's I got to the boat and got off.one
of the bass that got off the hook at the boat had to go 5-6lbs..easly.I spotted a stump about 20 ft. off the bank and ran the buzzbait across it and that's when that moster hit it...but he got off right at the boat...I screamed a cuss word and stomped on the deck of my boat.The others bass where alright not
much to bragg on but I will say there skin patterns were pretty and heathy looking....wow.The water temp was 80 degrees everday...hot.I tried fishing the
rock bluffs I used deep diving lures and fished along the drop offs at all angels
fished worms ect,I did get a killer hit off a Gary Yomomoto Kreature bait.Oh yeah back to the 5-6 lb bass he hit the buzzbait so hard he ripped the skirt off of the buzzbait....lol I couldn't beleive it!!!!!!!. I was wierd how they hit it
it was like they were Ninja's they really wouldn't blow up on it,It was like they
would suck it under...it was strange.It would be like your reeling your buzzbait across the water and you quiet reeling your bait suddenly....tha's what it was like.I had never seen anything like it.I was a great trip!!!!!! .We had a lake front site alot of trees and no kids around(thank GOD!!!) peace and quiet
camping,fishing and cold beer...it was a great time.I will figure out the lake the more I go down. the trip down and back pulling a boat I put 813 miles on the truck and $165.00 in gas.....I didnt think that was too bad for having a v8
motor. I tried my best....
Denny
Old 09-09-05, 06:46 PM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

sweet
but denny were they large mouth or smallies???
or were they like a large mouth kind of color with a smallie mouth?

zooker
Old 09-09-05, 07:03 PM   #3
Rebbasser

Sounds like you had a great trip, Denny-glad you had a good time and got home safe.
Old 09-09-05, 07:38 PM   #4
Chum
BassFishin.Com Member

Maybe you should get a net?
Chum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-05, 08:50 PM   #5
Denny_ohio

Default thanks

thanks everyone the trip was great...wifey and I had a blast. They were lg. mouth. thanks Chum,Reb and Zook
Thanks......I'm here to say OHIO
SSUUUUUUXXXXXXXXX....lol
I miss Tennessee already
I met so many nice people
down there...it was cool
Denny_sic in Ohio.....hehehehehehehhe
Old 09-09-05, 08:58 PM   #6
angelus40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny_ohio
I just got back today from Tenn. I was awesome down there.nice but still a little
warm.I went out mainly in the mornings and a few times at night(before dark) I
threw a lot of differnt baits..but the only one I could get some hits on was the buzzbait. blk w/blkandsilver glitter Zoom trialer.For awhile I was throwing a buzzbait with a clacker on it...no bites? so for the hell of it I took off the one with the clacker and put a blk one without a clacker and then I started getting hits. I got 7 bass in all if you count the one's I got to the boat and got off.one
of the bass that got off the hook at the boat had to go 5-6lbs..easly.I spotted a stump about 20 ft. off the bank and ran the buzzbait across it and that's when that moster hit it...but he got off right at the boat...I screamed a cuss word and stomped on the deck of my boat.The others bass where alright not
much to bragg on but I will say there skin patterns were pretty and heathy looking....wow.The water temp was 80 degrees everday...hot.I tried fishing the
rock bluffs I used deep diving lures and fished along the drop offs at all angels
fished worms ect,I did get a killer hit off a Gary Yomomoto Kreature bait.Oh yeah back to the 5-6 lb bass he hit the buzzbait so hard he ripped the skirt off of the buzzbait....lol I couldn't beleive it!!!!!!!. I was wierd how they hit it
it was like they were Ninja's they really wouldn't blow up on it,It was like they
would suck it under...it was strange.It would be like your reeling your buzzbait across the water and you quiet reeling your bait suddenly....tha's what it was like.I had never seen anything like it.I was a great trip!!!!!! .We had a lake front site alot of trees and no kids around(thank GOD!!!) peace and quiet
camping,fishing and cold beer...it was a great time.I will figure out the lake the more I go down. the trip down and back pulling a boat I put 813 miles on the truck and $165.00 in gas.....I didnt think that was too bad for having a v8
motor. I tried my best....
Denny
i'm going to nick name you mike ikeonelli that's what happenes when he losses a bass
angelus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-05, 09:14 PM   #7
JB

WTG denny

well the secret is out, ohio fishing does suck compared to ky or tenn lol
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-05, 10:00 PM   #8
angelus40

yea congrats denny.. go figure
Old 09-09-05, 11:26 PM   #9
Garrison
BassFishin.Com Member

Yeah, TN is a great place! I love it here. Lots a water and big bass!
Old 09-10-05, 04:53 AM   #10
zooker

denny
most folks in the mid south are about the same. nice folks for sure. just get used to being called a yankee for a while. -aint been called that in a while-

not sure in the elevation areas but we might see snow only twice a year. beats standing butt deep in a drift shovlin for 6 months a year..plus a always open bass season .dam i love the south...

zooker
Old 09-10-05, 07:33 AM   #11
Denny_ohio

Default almost

I almost got to fish the ohio river from the bank.On the way home from Tenn,My
wife and I decided we werent ready to go home yet so we stopped at the
Embassy Suites in Covington Ky it was killer we got a room facing the river on the 6th floor I could see the cinncinati Bengels staduim great.Anyway from my view I could see some killer brush and weed beds in the water around this floating building they have there at the covington's landing....I wanted to fish it so freaking bad but I remembered I was on the ky side and knowing my luck I would get busted fishing with no license If you guys ever get a chance Covington Ky and Cincinnati Ohio is a great place to hang .
Denny
Ps Im ready for the tourney
Old 09-10-05, 08:01 AM   #12
JB

Denny, with your Ohio License you can fish the ohio river either side, but once you go into a creek on the KY side, thats when you need a ky. license..other than that you can go 300 miles east or west on the ohio and are legal with a ohio license, just dont go into the creeks on the other states side, like Ky. or west ver ginnie lol
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-05, 10:18 AM   #13
angelus40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny_ohio
I almost got to fish the ohio river from the bank.On the way home from Tenn,My
wife and I decided we werent ready to go home yet so we stopped at the
Embassy Suites in Covington Ky it was killer we got a room facing the river on the 6th floor I could see the cinncinati Bengels staduim great.Anyway from my view I could see some killer brush and weed beds in the water around this floating building they have there at the covington's landing....I wanted to fish it so freaking bad but I remembered I was on the ky side and knowing my luck I would get busted fishing with no license If you guys ever get a chance Covington Ky and Cincinnati Ohio is a great place to hang .
Denny
Ps Im ready for the tourney
i'll have my uncle take us there and i'll take my pole jb's right if you have ohio license you can fish on the ky side but not near the creeks i agree.. wonder how much ky licenses are
Old 09-10-05, 01:06 PM   #14
Fish2win

Denny, If you had been set up with black lights and known the lake better you would have done much better at night. In about 4 weeks the mother load of bass will start feeding shallow again during the day.I am glad you had a good trip.In think you mentioned Percy Priest a few weeks ago.In my opinion Eastern Tennessee has better fishing.We are catching bass 15 to 20 feet deep at night on Humps and point drops. The fish have been hitting T Rigged worms the last week or so.This time of year you have to get off the bank and stay near the main channel to catch numbers. Good report. Fish2win
Old 09-11-05, 08:04 AM   #15
Denny_ohio

Default yea I agree

I seen guys fishing off the bank some times in the middle of the lake.I have a black light,and have done some night fishing..Im just not a big fan of it.I like seeing what Im trowing at...lol.I told Jb on the phone you would not beleive the
pools of bait fishing being chased by bass in this cove we where at I counted 6
diff, pools at one time.I fished them with a frenzy popper bait,and I matched the hatch it was the same color of the bait fish fleeing the bass..but they would't
touch the bait.so I then put on a rapala rat-l trap...no dice so I gave up on them. Im ready for the tourney!!!!!!!
Denny
Old 09-12-05, 07:29 PM   #16
lizardsrule

Glad you had a good time. Also agree Ohio fishing does suck LMAO. Especially the Ohio river. Anyway at night using Jitterbug, buzzbait or Pop-R you don't have to see anything, just hear them blow up on it, and feel them. Also using your black light with Flourescent Mono (if you haven't) will allow you to see you line better than you can during the day, it's pretty cool. Hope you do well in the tourney, obviously your ready HUH. LOL

Lizards
Old 09-12-05, 07:48 PM   #17
zooker

umm having used a ton of differant mono i can say this streen shows up to well as does trilene. cajun shows up fairly decent but DO NOT use ande cause it will NOT show up under a black light..

zooker
Old 06-18-06, 08:38 PM   #18
John C
BassFishin.Com Member

Default night fishing

My friend and I were night fishing at Paris Landing by Dover Tn. Saturday. It was the first time I have done that. I tell you it was almost more fun then fishing during the day. we got started about 6pm and went on thrugh the night. when we got on the water the first fish was in the boat in about 30 min. then it was on we started pulling more fish in not keepers but just shy of 15 in. that is fun. after fishing stumps and fallen trees with black spinner baits we started catching bigger fish. as the night went on we started using buzz bait with clackers and were gettig a couple stricks but not many. they were not busting the water after them they were just sucking them under. after no luck with buzz bait I went back to the spinner bait. I casted next to a tree and all the suden my line was going straight under the boat. YES it was a big one. I fought it for a few seconds and got it up by the boat as soon as I was about to get it it took off agian around to the back by the motor and I could not follow it because of the running light I tried to pull him up and SNAP..... ya by by it went. I felt so mad cussing and poutting like a little child it was awful. but other then that we had a good time and cought a lot of fish. only one keeper went in the boat that night so any info that anyone can give us to pull more fish in the boat would help. to those going fishing at night and have not been you will hooked. good luck to everyone.

John
John C is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.