Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-05, 04:09 PM   #1
BASSFISHERMAN32

Default HOW AND WHERE DO YOU USE AN WORM & BULLET SHOT?

I Cant Cathch Any Fish On Them.
Old 09-13-05, 04:34 PM   #2
Dyas
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Dyas

Personaly I dont use a weight unless I am fishing deep water or thick grass or pads........ But try them around drop offs that hold cover for fish.......
Old 09-13-05, 07:16 PM   #3
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I'm guessing you are referring to a Texas rig. Anytime you want to get deeper than you would with a weightless worm. How are you fishing it? Best way to fish it IMO is to cast it out, reel down to it, raise the rod tip and lift it off the bottom. When you stop raising the rod tip it will fall back to the bottom, and most hits come on the fall. If you do not get a hit continue the lift and drop all the way in.

Where to fish it? I and around cover-weeds, pads, flooded timber, stumps, etc. A T-rig is a vertical presentation and really shines when fishing a specific piece of cover.
Old 09-13-05, 08:59 PM   #4
dodgeguy
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

t rigs can be hopped like reb said or deadsticked or swam along through the weeds.i find deadsticking to be a great presentation at times.deadsticking is where you cast it out and let it sit for a minute and then move it and let it sit.sometimes you will go to move it and feel weight.SET THE HOOK!!!also use the smallest sinker you can get away with.tungsten sinkers are great.
Old 09-13-05, 11:38 PM   #5
KH.
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

at first use a lizard(to get your confidence up)and because i catch more fish on it and its easier to use.all you do is let it drop do the desired height and with a lizard just real.i read somewhere that for some reason bass hate lizards so they dont how it taste they probally wont let go
Old 09-14-05, 07:16 AM   #6
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kh51501
at first use a lizard(to get your confidence up)and because i catch more fish on it and its easier to use.all you do is let it drop do the desired height and with a lizard just real.i read somewhere that for some reason bass hate lizards so they dont how it taste they probally wont let go
Yes the Bass do hate me and fear me. As a matter of fact, they have run away a couple of times this year in some tourneys. They just hide and won't come out LOL It is a outstanding bait, and there just isn't a wrong way to work one. I prefer twitches more than a steady retieve, but any and all things will work with a Lizard.

Lizards
Old 09-14-05, 08:12 AM   #7
Mac1
BassFishin.Com Active Member

The lizard lures are probably hated by bass as they often eat the eggs in the nests during spring spawning. Often the bass hit a lizard from above, driving it hard to the bottom in an effort to kill it.
Mac1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.