Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-05, 07:04 AM   #1
jreaneau
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Weekly Lake Fork Fishing Report From Guide Jim Reaneau

Well, the cool is in the air. How long it will last is probably not as long as we all would like. The fish have been reacting to the weather and have started schooling and the numbers are getting good. The water temp is in the upper seventies. We have dodged the rain every time is has come into the area. We are still about three feet low and dropping. The storms that went through Dallas and surrounding areas missed us. I only hope we will get rain before the spring to get the lake up. The current level is good as it allows you to see many roadbeds, fence rows and some under water ponds. For those that didn’t see the lake fill this is a time for them to see some good fishing areas they never knew was there. Again this is a time to get some brush out on some of this eye opening areas. This will be good stuff when the fish get to the bank. They are no different as deer. You put out a feeder to get them the come into the area. This will work with brush along the bank and when the fish spawn they will use the brush. HUH! Pretty good stuff.

Now the fishing has been good. There are fish scattered from the bank out to the deep humps. This is a time of the year where all fishermen can fish what they like to use. Top water, spinner baits crank baits, Texas or Carolina rigs and the ever popular jig and pig.

The fish are using the creeks and are stacking up along the edges and at the bends.

The Wave Tiki stick fished weightless or Texas rig is a good choice. A three sixteenth weight is all you need to get this down along the creek channels and grass beds. The Shadick is a good weightless bait over the grass or attached to a Carolina rig out over deep water or along the grass beds.

Lake Fork Trophy Bait and tackle has a frog that has been good over the grass very early in the mornings. Work the bait like a buzz bait and be sure to stall your hook set or if you set to soon you will pull the bait away from the fish. The twitch worm fished wacky along the grass or Texas rig has been very good. Ring fries weightless around the above mentioned areas will get you a good bite.

Keep a lipless crank bait in chrome tied on and ready as when the fish come up you will have something to feed them. Atop water will work on the schooling fish. I like to use the tail spinner as this is usually the size of the bait fish the fish are feeding on and will sink down past the smaller fish and get down where the better fish are holding. Half to three eights spinner baits are another good schooling bait. This is good over and around grass and timber. Small bandit crank baits around grass and timber is a killer. If this cool weather would hold the fishing would only get better. This will also get the crappie going on the bridges and they will soon start stacking up there. I know many fishermen like to fish the bridges rather than the brush but the trees are holding better fish right now.

I have October dates open and if you want to book a trip give me a call.

I am having a GARAGE SELL this weekend Sept 30 and Oct1. If you are out in the area come by as I will have plenty of fishing stuff.

Jim Reaneau

1-888-918-5088

jreaneau is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.