Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-05, 06:20 AM   #1
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Dang it's Cold, glad I'm moving!

Well it's 20 degrees outside right now, with just a bit of snow dusting the streets, and sidewalks It actually got up to as high as 31 yesterday by my themometer High today is supposed to be 36 degrees. On tuesday it was raining all day, with tornado warnings with temps in the mid 50's. I don't think the sun has been out for three days now. I am sure glad I'm moving, this stuff really is the pits Guess winter finally decided to show up.

Lizards
Old 11-17-05, 07:08 AM   #2
flachristopherkeene9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Don't know what your talking about its 67 here. I'm fine with it other than everybody at school will be complaining its cold.

Chris
flachristopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-05, 08:07 AM   #3
Fishie
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Yeah There's a little snow on the ground here. That's why I fished the tourney earlier too because I knew it was not going to be warm. I usually use thanksgiving as the marker for when it is really cold out.
Old 11-17-05, 09:37 AM   #4
KH.

last night it got as low as 10 degrees, yikes..........
Old 11-17-05, 09:55 AM   #5
JB

22 here and supposed to get to 15 tonight
Lizards where ya moving to? Ya taking the wife with ya?
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-05, 11:32 AM   #6
Dyas

Send a message via AIM to Dyas

Well it was 32 this morning and the highs today are 56 and the wind is blowing about 15-20 mph. I would say it feels quite good outside. It will be good hunting this weekend. Its funny because just a few days ago the highs were in the mid 80's and the lows in the upper 60's. I like cold weather myself. KH that is pretty cool for this far south. I wish it was like that here.
Old 11-17-05, 11:46 AM   #7
Crank-Bait-Frank
BassFishin.Com Active Member

It's in the 70's and a low of 56 today here in Florida. (Orlando)
Since moveing to Florida I do not miss the cold, cold winters of St. Louis.
Lizards, where you moving to?
Old 11-17-05, 12:37 PM   #8
Rodman_Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardsrule
Well it's 20 degrees outside right now, with just a bit of snow dusting the streets, and sidewalks It actually got up to as high as 31 yesterday by my themometer High today is supposed to be 36 degrees. On tuesday it was raining all day, with tornado warnings with temps in the mid 50's. I don't think the sun has been out for three days now. I am sure glad I'm moving, this stuff really is the pits Guess winter finally decided to show up.

Lizards
I went fishing yesterday, got so hot I had to take my shirt off!
Old 11-17-05, 12:43 PM   #9
Dyas

Send a message via AIM to Dyas

Glad I dont live near yall. I like the cold. I hate the heat.
Old 11-17-05, 01:04 PM   #10
bassthumb32

Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32

I Saw Snow Thismorning On My Way To Work
Old 11-17-05, 02:42 PM   #11
WTL

Dyas don't know what cold is.
Old 11-17-05, 08:50 PM   #12
Marty

Liz, where ya headed for?

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-05, 10:36 PM   #13
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB
22 here and supposed to get to 15 tonight
Lizards where ya moving to? Ya taking the wife with ya?
Well for the immediate future I'll be in O'Cala(SP) Florida, then wherever work takes me for the next 6-7 months. As for the soon to be ex-wife, no she's not going. One of the main reasons I'm moving. Soon I guess I'll be considered to be in the majority, instead of the minority when it comes to divorce. Not a great thing, but it has been decided. Once I get down to Florida and get my life back in order, I will try to get a permenant job either in Central/Northern Florida or South Carolina. I am very happy to be moving south, and aint no way I'm coming back up here, unless to visit family or freinds. I might miss the deer hunting, but I have a lifetime hunting and fishing license in Indiana, so I can always come up and do that with some friends. But I can hunt farther south too, and not have to wear Long Johns and cold weather gear, which will be a plus in my book. The older I get the less I like the cold. My mom always wanted to move south, and never did until she was in her 40's and has always said she wished she moved us all down there after my parents divorced long before that. So I have to believe it's gonna be a "GOOD" thing, to be able to Bass fish year round. OK, enough of my life story, let's talk bassin.

Lizards
Old 11-17-05, 10:46 PM   #14
Rodman_Rob

Ocala, huh, that's were I am. You better not catch all the fish, leave me some. As far as the hunting goes, check out the Ocala National Forest, 360,000 acres of forest for ya. You got something with 4wd? If so, you're gonna love all the fishing oppertunities in the ONF, getting there is half the fun. We'll definatly hook up when you get here. If you have any questions about the area or need a hand with anything, let me know.
Old 11-17-05, 10:51 PM   #15
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodman_Rob
Ocala, huh, that's were I am. You better not catch all the fish, leave me some. As far as the hunting goes, check out the Ocala National Forest, 360,000 acres of forest for ya. You got something with 4wd? If so, you're gonna love all the fishing oppertunities in the ONF, getting there is half the fun. We'll definatly hook up when you get here. If you have any questions about the area or need a hand with anything, let me know.
Well of course I need help getting to all the fishing holes I have a 2006 Trailblazer with 4wd, so I should be ok, not the best off road vehicle, but a pretty decent one when needed. I will be down there sunday 11/27. Start work monday, and won't now anymore until I get down there. Let's go fishing, perhaps the following sunday if you're availble

Lizards
Old 11-17-05, 11:31 PM   #16
Rodman_Rob

sundays are usually the best days of the week for me to go fishing so sounds good to me. Are you going to have your boat with you or would you rather do some shore fishing? Who ya working for, SCI (Steven Counts), Anderson Columbia, or somebody else?
Old 11-17-05, 11:41 PM   #17
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodman_Rob
sundays are usually the best days of the week for me to go fishing so sounds good to me. Are you going to have your boat with you or would you rather do some shore fishing? Who ya working for, SCI (Steven Counts), Anderson Columbia, or somebody else?
YES I'll have my boat. I need to get a new fuel line(hope that's the problem) which I will get early next week. I'm working for Gillette Sealcoating for the time being, the Owner is a friend, and asked me to come work with him. He works half the year down there, and half here in Indiana. I really don't know any of the places we are working, but they put me up, so really no exspenses for me, which is a good thing We will be working in several different places, and again not sure where, and don't really care. I am gonna be in Florida is all I care about at least till the end of May. We can definately take my boat out, even if I can't get the outboard running by then, we can troll around on some of the smaller lakes/ponds. I'll pm you my cell# call me sometime after the 28th I should know more then.

Lizards
Old 11-17-05, 11:42 PM   #18
flachristopherkeene9

Thats about an hour or so from where I am. And nice to see someone close to me Crank Bait Frank.

Chris
Old 11-18-05, 12:05 AM   #19
lizardsrule

I'll fish with all you guys/gals down in Florida if ya want. Never have to ask me if I'm ready to go fishing, the answer is always the same YES

Lizards
Old 11-18-05, 07:06 AM   #20
flachristopherkeene9

Your fishing license is going to be outragous for the first 6 months!! I just thought of that.

Chris
Old 11-18-05, 08:58 AM   #21
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherkeene9
Your fishing license is going to be outragous for the first 6 months!! I just thought of that.

Chris
It will be well worth it. Plus I can always just go get a new drivers license, and become a resident

Lizards
Old 11-18-05, 02:16 PM   #22
Rodman_Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardsrule
Well of course I need help getting to all the fishing holes
Lizards
I guess you're gonna want to know where all the bait/tackle shops are too, sheesh, I bet you'll need to bait the hook for ya too huh?
you're trailblazer will be fine for about 90% of the forest. If you didn't know already, most of the terrain around here is flat sandy areas. There's a few mudholes in the forest but they're hard to find. Probably the worst thing for your vehicle in the forest are some of the unimproved roads that haven't been driven on for years are rather narrow from all the underbrush growing.
Old 11-18-05, 02:36 PM   #23
WTL

Hey Rob, I remember watching a fishing show once where these two guys backpacked into the Florida wilderness with a canoe to some hidden, unfished lakes. The idea was finding a little bit of old florida I suppose - do places like that still exist down there?
Old 11-18-05, 02:59 PM   #24
JB

Dern lizards, that sealcoating is some hot and hard work in the summer months, ya ever think about cutting hair down south?
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-05, 03:24 PM   #25
Rodman_Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL
Hey Rob, I remember watching a fishing show once where these two guys backpacked into the Florida wilderness with a canoe to some hidden, unfished lakes. The idea was finding a little bit of old florida I suppose - do places like that still exist down there?
you were probably watching a Glen Lau video, he advertises his videos on this site in the banner ads, its http://www.glenlau.com . And to answer your question, yes places like that still exist. I do know that video was taken somewhere in the Ocala National Forest. Considering 99% of the lakes are either accessable by improved forest roads (packed limestone) or by unimproved forest roads, then I assume it was in the Juniper Wilderness area (in the middle of ONF just north of State Road 40). The Juniper Wilderness area is closed to all vehicle travel, doesn't have any roads going through there, does have a horse path or two, and has a large number of small lakes and ponds in the area, along with Juniper Springs flowing all the way to Lake George. I have yet to do any hiking to these lakes but it is on my list of things to do. From what I hear most are fairly clear lakes so I'll probably make the hike in the spring looking for the beds.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.