Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-05, 12:27 AM   #1
tko
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Float tubes and pontoons

Forgot to ask this in the fly rod post, does anyone use float tubes or the single person pontoon boats for bass fishing? I was wondering if they allow you to sit up high enough off the water to be able to cast well enough, with this I am talking about using a baitcasting set up or spinning set up. I know that it would be difficult/if not impossible to pitch or flip but would they be ok for other applications?
tko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-05, 12:33 AM   #2
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Welcome to the forum!

I don't use one, but I have a good friend who does and he has done quite well out of it. Apparently casting is not problem-he says if there is anything to complain about is he can't carry enough tackle.
Old 11-23-05, 01:52 AM   #3
Rodman_Rob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

practice sidearm casting. if the lure drops in the water behind you while going back for an over the shoulder cast, it could easily hit ya in the head.....trust me I know, have the x-rays, er bill, and scar to prove it. big swim baits in the back of the head aren't fun.
Old 11-23-05, 04:30 PM   #4
scrap
BassFishin.Com Active Member

i just got a fishcat 9 from cabelas. i river fish. i dont have any experience on it at all. i am looking forward to using it. i can put a small trooling motor on it too for dam, pond fishing, perhaps lake too. wish i could help ya more.
scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-05, 05:16 PM   #5
River stumps
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Scraps, I was fishing in Wv in a farm pond some time ago with my Bro-inn-law who has a couple belly boats. They work great with a side arm cast, that's mostly the way I cast. They are fun to use with flippers. Don't know anything about the pontoon. Good luck.
Old 11-25-05, 04:46 PM   #6
ROBZILLA
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I use them in small ponds and they work great, one thing I will say is wear flippers. you will get around alot faster and its easier to fight the fish with them on.And it gets chicks hot when you got a dingy around you waist.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.