Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-05, 01:21 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Middle TN Lakes November

Kentucky Lake 11-7-05 Barkley 11-13-05

11-07-05:I fished with Troy Andrews for about 4 1/2 hours today and caught 14 fish. All were Largemouth but two which of course were drums. Troy lost a good bass that appeared to be 3/12 to 4 pounds...the ones that we caught were in the 2 1/2 to 3 pound range. Water temperatures today was right at 62 degrees with all fish being caught on mid depth crank baits running at 8 feet and a 1/2oz lipless bait. 11-13-05: I had two wonderful clients out on Barkley today. It was overcast and 65 degrees. Water temperatures was 57 degrees for a low and 61 for a high. Perry and Elizabeth caught and released 12 fish. Perry had eight largemouthh bass ranging from 2 pounds to 2 1/2 pounds. We fished for about 5 hours and had a great time. All fish were caught on a medium running crank bait in about 8 feet of water....blue/black and chartreuse was the key colors....Kentucky Lake Update: Since these two trips the water temperatures has fallen on Kentucky Lake to 54 degrees and most of the fish are being caught on the main river channel and secondary points. Shad Raps in both the #5 and #7 sizes in shad and crawfish colors are working well. Barkley Update: Water Temperatures on Barkley Lake is 55 Degrees with afternoon temperatures reaching 59 degrees. Wood on the main river channel seems to be working best. Flip a Prowler www.prowlerlures.com tube in pumpkinseed-green pumpkin and water melon seed. Also cover secondary points in the 8 to 12 foot depths....Hope this Helps Tim Mason www.tennesseebassguides.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dale Hollow 11-10-5

In 1955 the world record Smallmouth weighing 11lbs 15 ounces was caught in Dale Hollow Lake and to this day the record still stands. D.L. Hayes was trolling a pearl colored Bomber in Wolf Creek when he caught the huge fish. As the story go's D.L. didn't realize the significance of the catch and continued to fish for several hours before the fish was weighed so it very well could have weighed over 12 pounds when caught. Every year thousands of anglers search the 61 mile long, 30,990 acre lake in search of another world record. For those of you that might not be familiar with Dale Hollow the impoundment has many bluffs, broken rock, boulders and countless tress either overhanging or fallen in during summer pool. Summertime opportunities for big Smallmouth lends itself more toward fishing at night because of the ultra clearness of the water. But when this time of the year rolls around the lake begins to be pulled down to winter pool exposing multitudes of islands-bars-points and stumps. Night opportunities turn to day time and the search for these big brown fish begins using various winter techniques. One of the most impressive things about Dale Hollow is the uality of the fish which has been brought about by strict management and even stricter size limits. On Thursday November the 10th the Tennessee Bass Guides Team of Shay Doming, Jon Simmons, David DuVall and Rick McFerrin had the pleasure of fishing with Scott Turner-Freddie Robinson-Toby Bradshaw-Eddie Robinso-Mike Prince-James Gray and Chad Rose. We met at Star Point Marina just before daylight and started fishing at safe light. David had been on some good fish the week before using a white 1/8 jig and creek minnow. Mike Dial and I had caught 250-300 creek minnows the day before which I hauled to the lake with me so each boat had plenty of bait. The day started out quickly for everyone. It wasn't long before the cell phones began to ring from boat to boat with stories of big fish caught and big fish lost. For the day between the 4 boat we caught and released 24 Smallmouth with many of them in the 19 to 21 inch range. Biggest fish of the trip was a beautiful 5 pond 6 ounce Smallie. If you haven't had the opportunity to fish this great lake maybe this winter would be a good time to try. We offer a variety of winter trips including multiple boats and reduced winter rates. If you would like more information contact Rick McFerrin at rickm@dtccom.net or (615) 765-7303. www.tennesseebassguides.com
Tim's Ford 11-22-23-05

This will be a 2 day report for November 22 and November 23-2005. On Tuesday the 22nd I fished with Steve Witham from Madison Heights Va. This is the 2nd time that Steve and I have fished together and both times the weather has been tough. Steve is holding his biggest fish of the day a Hybrid that nailed a tuffy that we were floating. For the day Steve and I had 3 Kentucky's-4 Smallmouth and the Hybrid. We plan to fish together again in the Spring and I'm looking forward to the trip. Wednesday November 23-2005 I fished with Daniel my youngest and good friend Mike Francis. Mike is holding the two biggest fish of the day including a 6 pound Smallmouth that inhaled a Luhr Jensen Radar 13 crank bait. (don't pay attention to the dates on the picture) as I said I hope Santa is bringing me a new one. The key today was staying on the windiest banks that we could find and toughing it out. The temp early on was 32 degrees and the wind blew all day 15mph to 20 mph...This takes the wind chill down into the low 20's but that's Smallmouth fishing....Some of the best days I have ever had on Tim's is when it has been the most miserable weather wise...Surface temps are 58 degrees and falling...the lake level is falling as well. We have a great WINTER SMALLMOUTH SPECIAL available...check it out at the top portion of this page.....Rick McFerrin www.tennesseebassguides.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cumberland River/Priest 11-22-23-05

Cumberland River: I fished the Cumberland River today with Todd Ruth of Olympian Construction. We started towards the dam with live bait and had little success. The wind was blowing 15-20mph out of the NW and it made it difficult to keep your boat positioned long enough to fish the live stuff, so we made our way back down the river began fishing crank baits and put 25 Smallmouth and Spots in the boat in a short 3 hour span. The key today was large chunk rock banks with wood. Water Temps held steady at 53-54 degrees...Percy Priest: Priest is more or less at winter pool and the water temps today ranged from 57 to 59 degrees depending on location and time. My best bite this week was fishing the structure just off the main channel. I picked up 3 fish in the 3 pound range or better in a short stretch on Prowler Tubes www.prowlerlures.com dipped in JJ's Magic www.jjsmagic.com . I had another short stretch of bank that gave up 14 fish in no time flat. My best 5 fish for the day weighed 16lbs or better...if you run up river be sure to watch for floating stuff that has moved off the banks....Hope these reports will help you....Shay Doming Tennessee Bass Guides.com
Old 11-30-05, 03:14 AM   #2
fishin_dude
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Your reports help me a lot because I live in the general region, thanks for taking the time to post such detailed fishing reports.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.