Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-05, 04:07 PM   #1
jreaneau
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Weekly Lake Fork Fishing Report From Guide Jim Reaneau

Well, we finally got some cool weather. I had my first fire in the old fire place. There is nothing like watching TV with your special someone close at hand with a nice fire going.
The fishing has been a little up and down the last couple of days. The cold fronts coming every other day has caused this. The fish are shallow and out deep. Your choice! The deep fish have been hitting spoons, tail spinners. Swim baits, Carolina rigs, and drop shots. The drop shot has been the best producer. Lake Fork Tackle Twitch worms fished wacky on the drop shot has been a killer.
The Baby Tiki Stick fished wacky and Texas on the drop shot along with the Tiki Drop has been a good producer. The best tip has been to use the small type baits and work them very slowly. Find the bait with fish close by and get the rig down. I still am using a ½ ounce weight with a 1/0 hook about 20 inches up the line. I hear that the ½ ounce weight may slow the bite and that 1/8 or ¼ ounce weights are the best sizes. I may have to do some trial and error to figure this one out. I feel you want to get the bait to the bottom and stay in contact with the bottom. With all the wind we have had this heavy weight has help to keep the bait down.
Buzz baits and lipless crank baits have been good in the shallow water. Cover plenty of ground and when you get bit go back over the area. Then slow down and work with some slow moving baits. This may get you a few more fish in the boat.
The crappie are getting ready to bust loose. If the water would drop another couple degrees they will be good.
Remember that as of today till the end of February the first twenty crappie you catch you have to keep. The game warden can and will give you a ticket for culling.
With Christmas right around the corner A guided Fishing Trip would be a great gift.
I can send you a Gift Certificate via email to wrap up for Christmas Morning.
This is also a good time to book your spring and summer trips.
Give me a call and we can set this up.
Jim Reaneau
1-888-918 5088
jreaneau is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.