Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-05, 01:07 AM   #1
Fishie
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Must Read!!! Did I Overeact Or Not?

Well tonight was pretty interesting to say the least. I was sitting at the computer doing homework when I saw a flash out the window in my new house in my eye. Didn't think much of it at first because I thought it was a car that went by. They I saw it again and I looked out the window and there about 200 yds away in a garage their was a man holding a pointer at me and he was shining it on my head and body. I got scared I tell you because he was in the garage all in the dark and I got out of the room. It bothered me so much that I called the cops and got them to come out. I thought is was quite peculiar to have someone putting a lazar pointer on my head in my room. I didn't know if it was on a gun or what so it scared me that someone was doing this to me. The cops came over and went over to the persons house and they found that it was just a 12 year old kid with a lazar pointer playing in the garage with me. But it could have been someone with a lazar pointer on a gun in my opinion and anytime someone is pointing a gun at you I think it is a serious problem. The cop said the mother gave the kid hell and he will be coming over to apologize to me tommarrow. What a way to meet your new neighbors eh?
Think I overreacted? I don't think so!
Old 12-09-05, 01:09 AM   #2
Fishie

Happened about 10 o'clock too. Kinda scarey in this day in age when there are some crazy people out there.
Old 12-09-05, 01:21 AM   #3
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

That kid should be worn out by his momma, who knows what could have happened to him. You were right to have called the cops. I would have gotten the gun.
Old 12-09-05, 01:33 AM   #4
Fishie

Yeah this day in age man, you can't trust anyone really. Also you hear about kids pointing them up at planes and crap causing them to screw up. Who knows what trouble I saved that youngster from in my opinion.
Old 12-09-05, 01:47 AM   #5
lonestarboater
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to lonestarboater Send a message via Yahoo to lonestarboater

Yeah I would be afraid it was the DC sniper coming back for some more kills. Maybe when they point it at the floor in front of you but when it's pointed at your head that is serious stuff. You did the right thing.
Old 12-09-05, 01:48 AM   #6
Fishie

I would like to here from you all on this....
Old 12-09-05, 01:48 AM   #7
Fishie

Yeah I got pissed off. I thought it was a man with a gun.
Old 12-09-05, 01:49 AM   #8
Fishie

You can test the thing on a wall but not on my head!
Old 12-09-05, 01:58 AM   #9
Fishie

You always here about people firing their guns on accident and stuff. Also was pissed people where looking in on me too.
Old 12-09-05, 01:59 AM   #10
lonestarboater

Send a message via AIM to lonestarboater Send a message via Yahoo to lonestarboater

yeah you see it in some movies where the sniper puts the laser right on the person's forehead then shoots. I would have gotten my gun out and pointed to where the laser is coming from. If the kid saw that gun he would be outta there and never messing with you again. But then he would tell mommy and the whole neighborhood would think that your an awful new neighbor. So I guess I wouldn't do that.
Old 12-09-05, 02:05 AM   #11
Fishie

Thing is I think pointing a gun at someone is a offense. Probably would have ended up in big trouble if I did that. I think that kid was lucky it was me who he did it too. THe cop took the pointer away from him. Someone else might have busted the cap if you know what I mean.
Old 12-09-05, 02:06 AM   #12
Fishie

Think about it. Just because the guy was in his garage doesn't necessarily mean it couldn't be someone else not living there that was shooting from their garage.
Old 12-09-05, 02:07 AM   #13
lonestarboater

Yeah probably a bad idea. Good thing the cop took away his laser pointer. I thought laser pointers lost their popularity among kids about 6 years ago.
Old 12-09-05, 02:09 AM   #14
Fishie

yeah I know haven't seen one in a long time. Well there goes that one. I think they stopped selling them due to crap like this.
Old 12-09-05, 02:13 AM   #15
lonestarboater

Yeah now some places only teachers or people over 18 can buy them because of a few kids blinding their friend in one eye and messing with other people. They were originally for teachers pointing to something on the board and stuff but then evryone else got one.
Old 12-09-05, 02:35 AM   #16
Fishie

Yeah really serve no purpose and it's stupid.
Old 12-09-05, 02:36 AM   #17
Fishie

Haven't seen one in a while other than on a gun so sorta thought it was on a gun.
Old 12-09-05, 11:42 AM   #18
Rodman_Rob

I woulda pointed my laser back at him.....the lasermax in my glock.
Old 12-09-05, 03:01 PM   #19
scrap

fishie, if his mother brings him over, try to be his friend and talk with him man to man. invite him to go fishing sometime and be a good neighbor. what happened, happened. nothing bad happened, who knows you might make yourself a good friend.
scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-05, 03:13 PM   #20
Unregistered

yeah, I ain't going to yell at him. I heard his mother already did that. I just say I accept your apology.

Fishie
Old 12-09-05, 03:31 PM   #21
Basspro wannabe
BassFishin.Com Member

Fishie think about when you were 12 yrs. old, if you had the laser pointer you would probably be playing with it just like this 12 yr. old and not thinking about what harm could be done with it. However, being in a new neighborhood you didn't know what to expect.
Basspro wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-05, 03:57 PM   #22
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Well theres a difference between getting the gun and pointing a gun back at him. Since he was in another building a good ways away I would have got the gun as I said (my 20 gauge, best for self defense in my house), gone to an interior room where he can't see you from a window - and then maybe had called the cops. That way in the worst case scenario - says this guy is a crazy murderer for some reason or another - he would have to enter your house and you would know for sure once he starts to break an entering what his intentions were.

We had a crack house next door for about 6 months, oddly enough we are in an ok neighborhood but this thing was a rental place - anyways with all the druggies going just next door and all the valuables in our house, I had to give a lot of consideration to just what I would do if someone tried to break in.
Old 12-09-05, 04:05 PM   #23
Unregistered

Yeah I can see why the kid would get a kick out of doing it. Being in a new neighborhood and all was different. I just couldn't swallow the fact that someone could have been just testing their laser of their gun pointing it at me. The guy was in the dark and I couldn't see anything but a red beam and his outline a little in their dark garage. I didn't even know who was pointing it at me. SO how could I assume it was a kid not some weirdo neighbor. What can I say. Looks like it was a hell of a way to meet my new neighbors.

Fishie
Old 12-09-05, 04:53 PM   #24
unregistered

Default It is PB, didnt feel like logging in

Fishie,
I would have grabbed my gun, taped a flashlight to the barrel, and shone it at him. Might be a little overreaction on my part, but dang, having a red dot on your head aint to great. You did the right thing though.

WTL, I completley agree about the 20 guage, however I opt for bigger things, around a 12 or 10 for protection. We have had a few robberies in the past, a liquor store up the road. My dad and I also thought about what to do if something ever happened.
Old 12-09-05, 04:55 PM   #25
pig n jig

The question entered my mind is what are you doing wrong that would make you think someone wants to point a gun at your head ?The second thing is what have you been posting as a registered and unregistered person here. Man you really are running scared aren't you ?
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.