Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-05, 09:57 AM   #1
crankybait
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default hey people

hey guys! erm, im a 12 year old indian dood from NJ, but think of me as 13, cuz my birthdays in 2 weeks. anyways, i love to fish, even tho i suck at it lol. caught 3 bass in my 4 years of fishing... only 1 year was serious fishing tho. my pb? 2 pounds... just went to india, caught 5 fish. most of em were tiny, cept for one 3 and 1/2 pound thing, whihc i couldnt identify. i use a spinning combo (abu garcia cardinal with ugly stik for power or mitchell advocate for sensitivity). im completely self run, so i dont usually buy fancy trinkets, cuz i stretch my birthday money over fishing season. no, i usually just make stuff that i think will be cheaper. im about to make something which i consider revolutionary, and i think will work. if any of you are interested about details/testing, email me at wf_souljah@yahoo.com . well, dont havemuch more to say... left BDO yesterday, got banned from chip's forum. i swear im not a troll or anything, i dont even know why i was banned. ok, well fish on!

-crankybait
crankybait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-05, 10:15 AM   #2
Rider
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Hows fishin in NJ, i go there once a year to go campin, i send u a email about ur Revolutionary thing
Old 12-30-05, 11:05 AM   #3
crankybait

hey, nice to know this place is active... i only waite a few minutes. and in my email address, there is an underscore in betwen the wf and souljah. the underline hid that. anyways, fishing here is good, even though im not the one doing good at it. ive seen some lunkers being pulled out of the assunpink lakes, which are like 20 minutes away from me. it was either rated 9 or 10 on north american fisherman. and if you want to hear about/ test my lure, you'll have give your water conditions and color prefs. im trying to get this tested all around north america, in different regions and conditions. i have greg__3 and minijhouston testing it from JASS kids. mini is up in NH, with clear, cold water, and greg is midwest, with randomly shifting waters
Old 12-30-05, 11:35 AM   #4
NJBassDevil
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send me an E-mail at darkgard7@yahoo.com. I stopped fishin for the year hear in Jersey because of hunting season.
Old 12-30-05, 11:50 AM   #5
crankybait

youre in NJ? hows your fishin been? um yeah i think ill just email you the details of my lure then, please tell me if you think it will work out. and about your av... is that you getting ready to punch a fish?
Old 12-30-05, 11:55 AM   #6
crankybait

hey dark... on your site, you say that the mitchell s200 is a good reel. i have the advocate silver s200... is that the same thing? ill scan and post it later, cuz my advocet doesnt work so great for me. or is it just lack of my skill? i also have an abu garcia cardinal 103T. i didnt mean to buy one with te trigger, just didnt know what T stood for
Old 12-30-05, 12:33 PM   #7
NJBassDevil

Yea there pretty much the same thing. The S2000 is an awesome reel. You have to oil it up everyonce in a while tho. You said it didnt work good for you? When kind of line do you have on it? When did you buy it? I would like to talk to you more about Bass Fishin and try to show ya some things about line, rods, reels, and bait. Do you have AIM? Send me a PM.
Old 12-30-05, 04:36 PM   #8
PowerBass

They are the same real, NJ has a spelling problem , I also have one. I too am from NJ. I rely on Fenwick Rods, and Cabelas Rods. For Reels I can find a winner just yet, however, i did get a new Tournament ZX for Xmas. As far as the bait that work around here, I have found senko knockoffs, Tiki Sticks, to work with the greatest amount of success. Never fished Assunpink, Going to have to try it this summer. My normal stomping ground is Amwell Lake or Round Valley. The Valley has some real tight lipped fish. You need to finnese them to get bit(or at least near the rip rap at teh launch. In the Way back of the Resivior, You can catch em on Spinnerbaits in the Summer real good. I had a good hook up ratio with a Wite Spinnerbait, wiht big solo colorado blade. I also had good luck with 1/8 oz buzzbaits in Ponds. One word of advice I have learned from Round Valley, these fish have seen everything, so throw something out of the ordinary. I hardly see people Drop Shot, so I am goin to try it. Also, If you have any old lures, like ones from Dads or Grandads Generation, like old Heddons, It would be worth givin them a try because, Nobody really has the old style baits they havnt seen in years.
Old 12-30-05, 05:38 PM   #9
crankybait

yeah, fish have seen too much chartruse here lately... and yeah, tiki sticks work. caught my best fish (ok, well bass) on a tiki stick that bassmaster 228 from BDO showed me. and i plan on buying an emerald rod, fish on showed me them. and if you ever do fish assunpink, tell me. it would be nice to watch some guy pull some fish out of there. and about spinner blade choice, ive always been confused. is it high flash for clear water, or high vibration?
Old 12-30-05, 06:22 PM   #10
lovinfishin9

Send a message via AIM to lovinfishin9

high flash is better for clear water because they are feeding more by sight. High vibration is good for murky water because they are feeding more by sound.
Old 12-31-05, 04:57 AM   #11
crankybait

you sure? i read somewheren that in clear water, a high flash spooks the fish
Old 12-31-05, 11:43 AM   #12
lovinfishin9

Send a message via AIM to lovinfishin9

no im pretty sure that its flash for clear water, use willow blades, and vibration for murky water, use colorado blades
Old 12-31-05, 01:02 PM   #13
crankybait

alrighty then. i got it
Old 01-06-06, 02:15 AM   #14
bass kicker

high flash and high vib is what i use in clear water

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.