Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-06, 11:07 AM   #1
bassmar
BassFishin.Com Member

Thumbs up Shimano Crucial rods

Purchased a Crucial spinning rod a couple of weeks ago. Must say I am impressed with it especially considering the price. What are other members experiences with these rods? Also how would you rate them compared to the Quantum PT line of rods.
bassmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-06, 11:49 AM   #2
pig n jig
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Bassmar, Can you compare them to a PT rod with the price difference to a Crucial ? I am not up on Shimanos newer rods, they stopped making the crucial rod series once, the old rods were a nice rod,came with a lifetime guarantee. Before that Shimano used to have Convergence casting rods and Stimula spinning rods, then Crucial line combined both spinning and casting rods under the same name. I have a Quantum Tour Edition HSX54 spinning rod and it is a super sensitive rod. I haven't owned a PT spinning rod, but I just sold the last PT casting rod I had and kept 4 of the Tour Edition HSX54 casting rods.I could not tell that the PT rods were any better than the HSX54 rods I kept.Somewhere in my tackle room, I have a old Stimula rod I kept. It caught alot of fish, was worth every penny. In my opinion, you are the one who has to decide what is best for you and what you can afford to buy, but remember the highest priced products doesn't guarantee your always getting the best bang for the buck.Did I make any sense at all ? I hope so, P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-06, 02:20 PM   #3
bassmar
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanx. Makes sense. Here the price of the PT rods is almost double that of the Crucials. I have not fished a PT rod but only handeled one in a tackle store. This is why I was wondering if their quality justified the difference in price.
bassmar is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.