Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-06, 08:09 PM   #1
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Talking random thoughts

got a beer and pink floyd playing, so here goes
It floats in once in a while and .. well...
I like big cars, big boats, big motorcycles, big houses and big campfires.

I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some governmental stooge with a bad comb-over who wants to give it away to crack addicts for squirting out babies.

Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, that is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts!

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is an opinion.

I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America.

Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White entertainment Television, or Miss White America and see what happens. Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

I have the right NOT to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off. When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling, it is the law of statistics.

I know what sex is, and there are not varying degrees of it. If I received sex from one of the subordinates in my office, it wouldn't be a private matter or my personal business. I would be "FIRED" immediately!

I believe that if you are selling me a milk shake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen you should have to speak English!

My father and grandfather shouldn't have to die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours. I think the police should have every right to shoot your sorry *** if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can't understand the word "freeze" or "stop" in English, see the above lines.

I feel much safer letting a machine with no political affiliation recount votes when needed. I know what the definition of lying is.

I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business. We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document and open to their interpretations.

I don't hate the rich. I don't pity the poor.

I know wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television, and that doesn't stop you from watching them.

I believe a self-righteous liberal or conservative with a cause is more dangerous than a Hell's Angel with an attitude.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that's better and put your name on the building. Ask your buddy that invented the Internet to help you.

It doesn't take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid and smack their little *** when necessary and say "NO."

I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don't pretend they are a political statement. And . . . Please stay home until that new lip ring heals, I don't want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me french fries!
ok rants over
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-06, 08:26 PM   #2
lizardsrule

ROTFLMAO.

Man we are on the same page.

Lizards
Old 03-26-06, 01:02 AM   #3
bassintom
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

JB you are my hero..too bad you broke the soap box on that one.
Old 03-26-06, 09:10 AM   #4
zooker

yep i heard dat...

zooker
Old 03-26-06, 12:12 PM   #5
Rebbasser

Yessir. And I'd much rather go hunting with Dick Cheney than drive across a bridge with ted kennedy.
Old 03-26-06, 12:39 PM   #6
JB

I'd rather go fishin than go to a movie with peewee herman
Old 03-26-06, 05:01 PM   #7
CarpMan
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

The problem with random thoughts is that they don't solve anything. But they do make good fodder for thought. My random thought is me being randomely chosen to help pass a law that no one would ever pee while taking a shower. My dinal festination.
CarpMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-06, 06:11 PM   #8
flbassman

very nice JB. I'm a proud member of the homophobic's club
Old 03-26-06, 06:44 PM   #9
pig n jig

I used to like getting a good beer buzz in the morning and then jumping out of airplanes while I was in the army.My afterhours were spent drinking Jose Cuervo 1800 tequila and smoking Marlboro lights and spending evenings with a Italian lady I used to know.Life has really changed since then.Lately, I day dream of fishing while I am stuck at work. I enjoy listening to Fionna Apple and drinking Dr Pepper. I live to be able to go fishing. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-06, 07:19 PM   #10
JB

pnj,
ya can't help it,
its the blame of the rythmic pounding that turrets make , with
a harmony of mig n tig welders buzzin along in the background.
If ya find yourself snappin your fingers while daydreamin bout mr. lunkerlips,
don't beat yourself up..you're only human!
Old 03-26-06, 08:31 PM   #11
Christopherkeene9

Amen . . .
Christopherkeene9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-06, 02:22 AM   #12
Bass_fishing_girl

Send a message via Yahoo to Bass_fishing_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB
I'd rather go fishin than go to a movie with peewee herman
Well, yeah...

Give us this day our daily limit :D
Bass_fishing_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-06, 04:03 PM   #13
flfireman

JB, As I bow down in front of the keyboard humbily. You have just said what a whole lot of people wish they could. Unfortunately, my job, I have to be PC all the time. Now even in my station.
Old 03-27-06, 04:23 PM   #14
Wishing2BFishing

PnJ, I hear you man. For me, life has become the suburban shuffle . . .

"Woke up, got out of bed, drag a comb across my head, go downstairs and drank a cup, and suddenly I noticed it was late . . ."

I am not sure that I got the lyrics right, but it is something like that.
The bottom line is that I live to get out and go fishing, although, now that I have a son and always working, I just don't get out much. That said, I am very envious of all the pics with people discussing their latest fishing trip. I won't be out fishing til' April 8th . . . god, I can't wait.
Wishing2BFishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-06, 04:41 PM   #15
flbassman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishing2BFishing
For me, life has become the suburban shuffle . . .
Yessir, I know the feeling well. My dad and I want to leave suburbia so bad, but my mom is "comfortable" here. Oh well, only three more years and I'm out on my own...
Old 03-27-06, 05:30 PM   #16
JB

I guess living out here in the sticks has some advantages, like theres a farm within any dirction (5 -10 minutes) that has nice 2 acre ponds, plus we has several 5 acrea gravel pits in all the towns around the county.
then theres huge lakes 45minutes to a hour1/2 away, and the ohio river is hour away too.
I can almost always get out for 3-4 hours any given day, as long as the weather permits..todays its a heat wave..45 degrees and warmer weather comming in days...with some rain.
Old 03-28-06, 12:20 PM   #17
bassintxlady

Send a message via Yahoo to bassintxlady

here here....the days of the "cinderella syndrome" have come and gone in my life....there is no "instant happiness"....life is easy..it's living it that's hard at times.....as i set upon the embarking of my "twilight years"...i realize that life is too short...so here's my philosophy on it as it stands now.....I work to fish....i fish to have life throughly rejuvinated each and everytime i pick up my rig and cast it out amongst the precious life forms i seek....and one day i will be able to do this on a daily basis and not have to worry about what time it is, when's payday?,or did i feed the baitmonkey enough this week ....it will be a daily rejuvination of my soul...
Old 03-28-06, 12:46 PM   #18
JB

bassintxlady,
what got you started bass fishing?
for me, fishing was a way to put some meat on the table, then I found out how challenging bass fishing was and of course..catch and release.
Old 03-28-06, 04:43 PM   #19
bassintxlady

what got me started was a very dear to my heart individual invited me to go fishing....the passion had always been there just never had anyone to show me how to nurture it...or help me nurture it to begin with.....but once i did.....the door was open and the passion was on.....it's such a great thing to finally realize a dream that you've always had....and mine was to fish....and catch and release....and who knew that i really loved kissing those gorgeous creatures....made me realize that they kiss better than some dates that i had over the years....lol.....yep..thanks to my dear fishing partner,friend,the one that held the key....all needed to be done is to turn the key and open up my world.....i can't imagine my life without either one at this point.....
Old 03-28-06, 05:29 PM   #20
JB

Its fun and you always are learning new stuff, plus the market is flooded with lures that are way more authentic looking and smelling than ever before..its amazing!
I'd encourage everyone that is looking to learn more is to enter a few tourneys, you may not place, but just observing winning ways pays dividends down the road for the next time the events come to play.

You often times see how other anglers
pick apart objects,
also you realize that your fishing way to fast, or not the right depth, plus getting exposed to more baits that future partners in the boat can share with ya. Its all good.
Old 03-29-06, 01:52 AM   #21
bassintxlady

almost got my chance at my first tourney ....but this move has us tied up for a couple of weeks trying to get things done here....so once i'm moved in this weekend will have to hit the ponds definately....but i am looking forward to entering my first tournament as soon as i can....
Old 03-30-06, 07:30 AM   #22
JB

txlady,
good luck with the movin' ,
don't hurt yer back now, ya hear?
Old 03-30-06, 06:20 PM   #23
bassintxlady

of course not....that's why i had kids earlier in my life.....they come in handy at times other than emptying my bank account...as i tell them...."pay backs are great"....hehehehehe......
Old 04-01-06, 07:08 AM   #24
1FASTLASER

People have made the comment"how can you say thats relaxing,I've seen you beat the water to a froth" My response is "Thats me and what I do. Fish,eat fish some more andtry my da@@dest to not let them fool ya.My rewar is when I see someone I have taught a new technique to or how to bass fish caych there first big one. So far myBig fish count is up to 12 and hopefully more to come.

JB
I'm with ya man. Catch myself fishing at work ALL the time under the hood.
Old 04-01-06, 08:34 AM   #25
JB

laser,

I know what ya mean, last tuesday I ran into some plastic parts pans with my crane , day dreaming about fishin lol

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.