Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-06, 12:16 AM   #1
flfireman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Lake Gentry

Went out to a new lake Wed and Thur., decent sized lake in St Cloud area. The water is shallow, according to a local about 2 feet below normal. Lots of grass lines 20-50 yards off shore in 5-12 feet of water and a mix of grass and pads in between the above mentioned and the shoreline. I chose the open water between these two distinct lines. Water was clear to tea stained and between 82-85 degrees. Started at 0800 hrs until about 1700 hrs each day. First day covered a lot of area, spinnerbaits and weightless worms across the grass, still only covered 1/2 the lake. 2nd day slowed down my pace a bit. All in all, a good 2 days fishing. Not much for size with most fish in the 1-2 pound range. On the second day did pull a 7.1 on a bayou bull frog (V&M). He couldn't resist the frog. Landed him deep in the grass about 30 ft. from the boat. Pulled 2 more bass in the 3-4 pound range from the same area. (Now on my GPS). The wind picked up by midday so I kept closer to the shore line, not to much happening. Most good fish came out of the offshore grass lines. Will hopefully hit this lake again early in the am or later around sunset. Was surprised little to no boat traffic 2-3 boats all day. Also, only saw 3 gators, all smaller than 4 foot. Total time fished-18 hrs, Total fish count- 45 all above 12 inches, w/ a dozen or so smaller ones.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.