Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-06, 04:19 PM   #1
George_Welcome
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Stick Marsh/Farm 13

The scene had been set as the history had predicted. A trip to the Stick Marsh can be magical as the Stick Marsh can easily offer a day of catching bass where the numbers climb well over a hundred. Such was the day that Craig Alexander had experience while fishing with Scott in October of 2004. The report given by Scott for that magical day was:

On 10/18/2004 I had Craig Alexander from Midlothian, Virginia out for a day of sun and what would prove to be excellent fishing. Craig is no stranger to the lake as he has spent many days on the lake in the winters, however this experience would be his best ever as we spent the entire day in the spillway catching fish all day long. The majority of the fish were caught on Carolina rigged Senkos in dark colors. At 11:00am St. John's Water Management personnel came down and lowered the spillway to 2 feet, which of course cause the current to slow down, but the fishing actually improved with less current. The best baits in the afternoon where crank baits and Long A’s. We headed back to the ramp at 3:00pm after catching over 175 bass.

Craig arrived ready and anticipating perhaps not quite the day he had had previously, but certainly ready to give it his all. He brought Allen (Juni), one of his employees and the idea was to catch a bunch of fish with hopes for a big one. I have to tell you, the day was a tough one, however a big one was caught. As a benchmark, we consider anything less than thirty bass a tough day.

As the day progressed we worked a combination of rattle traps and Senkos in the SW area of the Farm. One of the few times I picked up my rod and cast, the fish that Allen is holding almost yanked the rod out of my hand. As luck would have it, the wrong guy caught the fish. Allen helped me get a picture of the fish.

8-Pounds caught on a chrome/blue rattle trap

That was the only big gal of the trip and the day was called at about 1:15 from incoming storms. We didn't see anything close to a catch such as Craig experienced before but all in all it wasn't too bad a day. The overcast skies and a breeze kept things cool, and the camaraderie was fantastic.

See you out there.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.